Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 03:07:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proheat X45 Can it be used  (Read 1818 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:49:44 AM »

Has anyone out there used a Proheat X45 unit to heat your coach? There is one on ebay for sale from a truck. What is the difference between the truck and coach unit. I see two different ones advertised on the Proheat interent site, one for coach and one for truck. With this unit being 45,000 btu it seems it would provide enough for coach, engine and some bay heat.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 12:02:45 PM »

I think the size is the right size, any bigger and you get wasted capacity.  The next question would be all the hookups, fuel, exhaust, inlet and outlet pipes, electrical and is there physical space where you want to  mount it.  are there any parts you need that are not included such as a fuel pump for the unit,  relays controlling cool down cycle and the water pump? 

Lastly, what is the delta T for this unit?  Delta T is the maximum recommended temperature difference between the inlet and outlet pipes when running.  Espar (10 degrees or less) has a lower delta T than Webasto (up to 20 degrees).  A higher Delta T is easier to design a system around.  A lower delta T requires a higher capacity pump / larger pipes to circulate the water more quickly, resulting in the lower temp difference.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
belfert

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

I don't think the coach and truck versions of the actual heater itself are any different.  The truck version is usually in an enclosure that mounts to the frame rail.  The bus version may have a different enclosure with the same heater.

I bought a takeout X45 from Nimco Bus Parts and it seems to a be a truck version, but no reason it woin't work for my bus.  I have yet to do anything with my X45.  I might get around to doing something this winter.

Brian Elfert
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »

scanzel,

The only different variation of the X45 is voltage.  12v dc or 24v dc. Other than that, all the same.

I use 1 Proheat X45 to heat my whole coach. And it does it well. I'm in it now and last night went down to 20deg. I woke up

this morning and the inside temp was still 73deg.        Now, If only I can keep the genset running...Hummmm.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: