Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 04:29:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 to 4 Trailer Light Converter  (Read 656 times)
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2013, 05:49:14 AM »

I've got a converter for the lights from the bus to the toad (Hopkins, I think) and testing with a test light yesterday I didn't get a signal on one of the turn signals.  I think I've replaced 3 or 4 of these converters over the years.  At one time I had the testing protocol so you can check them with a meter, but have lost it.  You can't just do a continuity test because of the diodes.

Does anyone have the testing procedures for these little boogers?

Oh, btw... does anyone have a source for the spade type terminal strips used in an Eagle.  The kind that takes a female quick-slide?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:02:12 AM by TexasBorderDude » Logged

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 06:03:31 AM »

The high dollar Hopkins is your problem Doyle buy the Reese,Peterson or Curt for 10 bucks each and install one on each side at the rear then your problems go away BTDT the 4 way flashers kill the Hopkins it did mine  tell Coffee hi

good luck
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:13:04 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 06:11:02 AM »

It's been raining for 3 days and Coffee's got cabin fever.  She hasn't been able to run all her traps in a few days and it's driving her nuts!

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Bill 340

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »

Doyle,  Bring her Back to the arcadia rally,  She liked it there....

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Lakeland florida..........Host of the ARCADIA RALLY
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:01:23 PM »

Bill, she said "Heck yes!"  You've got us thinking.  May try to make that work.  Thanks for planting the seed!  Lots of great folks down there we'd love to see again.  How are Jack and Paula and all the cats doing?

dg

Bill 340

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »

Jack and Paula are out having a Ball, just YIPPEE KAYAKING along the way, they would be glad to see you also,

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Lakeland florida..........Host of the ARCADIA RALLY
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »

When I rebuilt and first started my 8V71, I thought of his You-Tube video with his shirt tail flapping  and looking like it was going to get caught in the fan pulley!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: