Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 07:50:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tie rods / knuckles for an Eagle 10  (Read 1420 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »

I'm looking to get my tie rods replaced and Jefferson is quoting me 450.00 a piece.  Just checking that this is reasonable.  I know they tend to be a little proud of the merchandise they carry.

If anyone has any idea of the going rate or has an alternative to the original parts, let me know!

Pics attached for reference.

Thanks guys.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »

Those are made by TRW just get the number off of it and chase it down sorry but I have lost all my crossover numbers for the Eagles also try John @ Bus Service  1-888-287-3499 the solid link is not cheap no matter where you buy it the screw in tie rods end are not bad about 30 bucks each  

The guy at the Eagles Nest in Nashville had a bunch of front end parts and I think he can supply you with the after market # so can the guy in the Carolinas  I forgot his name but I know it is not Easter lol just remembered it is Frankie Goodson 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:04:43 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
gus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »

I've always found Jefferson's prices in OKC quite reasonable, is this the one you've called?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:16:57 PM »

Gus - yes, that is the place.  Frankie Goodson in NC has them - same price as well.  Ive called Jefferson twice before and both times they were a little pricey.  It may just be with specific parts depending on what they have in stock.  Both times Jeffereson was very helpful.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
gus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »

Ed at OKC Jefferson has always been my go-to guy, he knows his buses and often can find a used part if no new ones are available and they are close for me.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »

You doing the replacement yourself Sean? Brave dude. Oh wait, you can do it in shorts and t shirt. Some of us have to switch to indoor projects this time of year :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:23:44 PM »

Sean I don't know if you've found or replaced them yet.

But I noticed yer in FL and when I realized that I remembered this company here http://www.josamusa.com/

They are in Orlando and Setra?MCI send all their alignment work to them.

We have used them several times and are EXTREMELY satisfied with their service and rates.

One one of our buses they checked it out and found it needed items that couldn't be located in the short time we were going to have it in Orlando for. They let us know what parts we needed and we called Setra an had the parts sent here.
But they didn't stop there. They called around to see who up near us could/would do quality alignment work for us after we got the parts.
They eneded up calling Willie Nelson's mechanic who not only recommended PREVOST in Nashville but went as far as to call them and verify they could/would do it for us and had them take down our information and call us.

I highly recommend this company for anyone with a bus that is in FL or going to be in FL and needs alignment service.

http://www.josamusa.com/

Grin  BK  Grin
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 04:19:51 AM »

BK,

Thank you so much for the heads up.  That type of information is priceless. We are actually in Birmingham AL this morning and we are getting the work done at Choo Choo in Chattanooga on Monday.

We spend ALOT of time in FL though.  So this info is great.  There used to be a good smaller garage in Orlando right behind the airport that closed recently so this is great that we now have a replacement.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »

Sean,
Don and Joel will do you right on replacing the parts. But I know they don't have an alignment rack.
Joel is a good enough mechanic he can probably get you "lined-out" pretty darn close the old school way with plumb bob & tape measure. But it might be a good idea to schedule an appointment with Josam to have it aligned once you get to FL if Don & Joel don't already have some place local lined up to check it for you.
Grin  BK  Grin
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »

Tampa Spring and Brake, Ocala and Tampa locations, 50 years in business, major player, HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: