Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 12:18:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for rolling home  (Read 6244 times)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »

HI Legacy - not a expert - but you will hear from some (good thing) - that looks like an '01 Eagle (has a tag axle -not a bogie) but not a big thing because a lot of conversions have been "retitled" as of the date of conversion - be sure and bring someone to look at it that is well versed in torselastics - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 04:22:35 AM »

Legacy, don't walk away from that Eagle, RUN ...

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 05:08:44 AM »

Go to www.eaglesinternational.net Julio is selling a top notch  Eagle for under 30 grand the only draw back to it is no power steering or automatic but it is one nice well cared for bus and will probably get around 8+ mpg, it has spent all of it's life here in the west contrary to what some say there are lot of rust free Eagles

Look in the mall section about 30 post down plenty of photos for you to look at and you need not be a member to check it out

good luck
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:16:29 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »

Daniel - I'm with Cliff on this one.  Buy a bus from a busnut and more often than not it will be a coach well taken care of ....or at least you will know what issues they have had and what they have fixed from reading through the archives Smiley

Some pointers - As exciting as it is...take your time about buying a coach.  Look at a lot (A LOT!) of coaches.  I've uploaded a spreadsheet here that might help.  The spreadsheet doesn't come close to covering everything on a coach but if you go through each part listed you will see how many things there are to look at before you buy.  It could easily take 4 hours to go through and fill this thing out.

Also - In 2 instances of looking at coaches I had the owners call me back about 10 days later offering the coaches for less than half what the asking price was and in one case called me back again and asked if I wanted it for less than that.  So don't be quick to make an offer, go see the coach at least 3 times before you do and waiting to do so drives a seller crazy especially if they need to get rid of it.  Not a whole lot of people in the market to buy an old bus.

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »

I agree with Cliff and Sean. You should know more about your bus is you get it from someone on the boards. More than likely, Clifford, or somebody else will know them or the bus. Takes out some of the unknowns.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »

I think you can do better......much better.
The best advice is to not buy the first bus you see, unless it comes HIGHLY endorsed.
IF you are going to drive a lot, you'll wish for an Allison transmission....soon.
With kids you'll wish for a huge hot water heater...
and if you "camp" you will definitely NEED a larger black tank....all larger tanks for that matter,...
and the wife will learn to hate the single sided kitchen/bar sink...
further ( imight be off here) but I think you can get a larger refridge in the front window...) be sure that the glass is removable, IE no windshield rot/rust or deformed openings.
keep asking...Smiley

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 03:55:29 AM »

Legacy, theres a real nice mci on Tucson craig list

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 04:24:39 AM »

For 30 grand he can find a nice ride in today's market as Ray Stevens said in a song "there everywhere" when the asking price is $15,000 for a 1999 Prevost seated coach it goes to show you what the market is today  

I have a friend that bought a very nice 4104 conversion well cared for always garaged in a controlled climate the PO even kept humidifiers going on the inside he paid 5 grand  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:18:53 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 06:14:17 AM »

I'll second all the good advice on here. Sean stated it well, and Goeff in my opinion didn't really say anything offensive, though I've cringed in the past he's a super knowledgable guy, as are many of the members on this club. Honestly, the purchase price of the coach is the least expensive part of it. Just remember that. Expect and plan for something expensive to happen. Do that and you'll have fun. Worst case, if it doesn't work out, sell the bus and lick your wounds. We've now been full timing in ours for 2.5 years now and have never looked back, but we are also in the market to build a truck conversion to alleviate some specific issues of bus ownership. Our plan is to put an eagle or MCI tag on the truck conversion so as to trick the bus club into letting us into rallies...the best advice often times goes against our desires and helps us to prioritize and reassess. That's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 06:29:39 AM »

... We've now been full timing in ours for 2.5 years now and have never looked back, ...

Yeah Scott, but a mouse or 2 has had you looking sideways a little Grin Grin Grin

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »

Yeah Scott, but a mouse or 2 has had you looking sideways a little Grin Grin Grin

This is true. Very true. We are not planning on leaving the full time lifestyle but we sure were ready to burn the bus. 28 days with a mouse and neither I nor wifey were thinking rationally.  Question for the original poster, are you guys interested in converting or partially converting yourselves? Or are you solely interested in something completed?

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Legacy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »

http://www.busforsale.com/mobile/buses/bus_detail.php?bus=361&name=Bo%20Blue

Thank you saddleup I will take a look.
I would also like to place the link to the bus in nashville...this coach met all of our requirements and we went there to drive it.  Please let me know if anyone knows this bus. The link is at the top. Thanks to all....very good advise all the way around.

saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 04:02:46 AM »

Legacy, don't know the bus personaly but do know that bus been forsale there three four years, witch don't make it a bad bus just overpriced, and still is...
I have heard that dealer has a good rep.

If your into the facebook deal,check out the the Eagles International page, lot more info and guys that know and have looked at Eagles at that dealer..good place to ask about Eagles  goodluck
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:20:35 AM by saddleup » Logged

eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 08:07:16 AM »

this coach met all of our requirements and we went there to drive it. 

60 Gallon fresh water tank
 25 Gallon grey water tank
 25 Gallon black water tank
This will not work for a fulltimer....unless you are in parks on extended stays....long stays.

The rear "dressing room" would not suit me.
The price is still to high on this one. Offer 35K- add new TV's....

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »

what is up with the hanging clothes closet?

3 exact same panels with, lights, outlets etc even at same angles Undecided

mobile grow room?  Cheesy

seriously?Huh? looks to me like they found 3 panels they could screw together (like I do recycling plywood)

I mean no harm or hurt feelings with my observation

just curious.............

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: