Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 01:41:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for rolling home  (Read 5889 times)
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »

what is up with the hanging clothes closet?

3 exact same panels with, lights, outlets etc even at same angles Undecided

mobile grow room?  Cheesy

seriously?Huh? looks to me like they found 3 panels they could screw together (like I do recycling plywood)

I mean no harm or hurt feelings with my observation

just curious.............

Bansil,

Looks to me that it had 6 bunks and these 3 were removed and turned into a closet!
Grin  BK  Grin
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »

Bansil,

Looks to me that it had 6 bunks and these 3 were removed and turned into a closet!
Grin  BK  Grin

That makes more sense than a mobile grow room (not enough light)  Grin

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »

Shure would not do for a replacement for HUGGY. No place for the lady in charge to set and tell me how to drive.

She gets upset with the lady in the gps when she tries to tell me where to go . Had to change it to a man then seh can yell at him instead of me.

I carry 100 or so gallons of water and some times we run low with just the 2 of us.  and most of the time we are in camp grounds at least every other day.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »

The one he's going to look at is WAY short on holding tanks.>>>D

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »

Lots of room under floor to add bigger tanks .             dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

Lots of room under floor to add bigger tanks .             dave

Yeah, but for THAT kind of money, he shouldn't need to!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2013, 05:39:41 PM »

Daniel,, You have been following this lifestyle for two years and 45 cities in two years,,,DON'T  DON'T get in a hurry!! There is plenty to look at and time to do it, per your schedule, you won't have time to work on a bus and make a living at the same time, much less the expense.>>>Dan  (My brother & sister in law are pastors in Montana and travel extensively while raising 5 daughters)

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Legacy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »

The consignment lot is saying the inspection can be done by their shop for $200.00 or I can pay for another shop to do it for about $700.00. Cannot decide what to do but want to make an offer before a pay for an inspection...or do I want the inspect before I make an offer!  I am closing in on what I want to offer thanks to this board...thanks so much.
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »

Inspect first so you can adjust for repairs, DON'T get in a hurry to show your wallet. Its not going anywhere.>>>Dan
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:44:41 PM by Utahclaimjumper » Logged

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »

The consignment lot is saying the inspection can be done by their shop for $200.00 or I can pay for another shop to do it for about $700.00. Cannot decide what to do but want to make an offer before a pay for an inspection...or do I want the inspect before I make an offer!  I am closing in on what I want to offer thanks to this board...thanks so much.

OK think about it like this. Average shop rate for big trucks and buses is $75-$150 an hr.
So are you willing to pay the GUYS selling it about 2 hrs shop rate to do a full blown inspection for you when they get paid both ways if they approve of it and you buy the bus and they get the commi$$ion for selling it & inspecting it?

Or would you rather pay a 3rd party that has no gain either way with what they tell you about the bus when done with their inspection. And yes a full blown complete front to back top to bottom inspection should take at least 6-8 hrs to do it right.

Yes it's $ gone if you pay to have it inspected and it fails.
But in the long run it's $ saved if you don't spend mega $ on the wrong bus that will bleed you dry!

JMHO!
Grin  BK  Grin
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »

And to add to what BK said, I would NOT have it taken to the 3rd party shop that the suggest. It might be a great shop, however, I would do your own research and find your own shop that will do good work for you.

FWIW

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »

Anyone north of Nashville that can go peak.....

and do you have the serial number to see if it was ever a seated salted winter home based revenue coach....Huh that would be the most important info to me.....

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
Legacy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 09:25:25 PM »

I would like to find a reliable mechanic to go look bo blue over. This coach is in nashville and I can provide address and set up the appointment.  Please send names and phone numbers on a private message. Thanks for all the help
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 07:17:08 AM »

For traveling around the country and probably being on a schedule, I'd suggest you find a bus with a 4 stroke inline 6 in it. Reason-it is harder and harder to find good Detroit 2 stroke engine mechanics. And-the newer engines pull better and get better fuel mileage. Engines like the Detroit Series 60 (pre 2002 is prime), Cummins M11/ISM, Caterpillar C12, would be my choice. Use an Allison behind it, and you'll have a rock solid drive train. The bus will cost more since the 4 stroke engines are in demand. But with the kind of miles you'll be doing, will recover the cost in less then 2 years.
Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 07:45:25 AM »

I'd contact the Eagles Nest in Nashville and see if they can do a full blown inspection for you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eagle-Nest-Coach/134472469936452

Grin  BK  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: