Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 04:37:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 amp versus 30 amp  (Read 2005 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »

There are better 15 amp to 30 amp converters than the little ones that plug in.  I had one that has a short length of cord, but I lost it somewhere.  Many inverters have a setting for the numbers of amps they are hooked up to.  I set mine down from 30 amps when I plug into a smaller circuit.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »

50 amp is my way to go. I have 8 100 ah agm batteries connected to my Magnum 4024 wired for 220 back to a Square D QO 50 amp panel located in my bedroom area. I have the Magnum remote panel and the battery sensor also. All this is wired through a Kraus Naimer 100amp rotary switch set up for OFF/Inverter/Shore/Generator. This way I can feed my ac panel with what ever ac I need at the time. My lighting and other accessories will be or are going to be 12v & 24v dc. I am looking to have all led lighting. The only heavy ac loads should be 2 Penguin 13500 btu with heat pumps and the home style   18 cu refrigerator, stove is propane but has an over stove microwave vented to the roof. Some day I would also like to have some solar pwr too. Coming in for shore power I have the Progressive Industries 50 amp monitoring unit with surge supression with the remote panel which shows your incoming voltage and amps when there is a load. Great little monitor because when on shore power it shows your amp load on each leg of 220.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »

50amp hook up is actually two legs of 50 giving you an available 100 amps combined, I learned early on that 30 amp just ain't enough to stay cool with here in the desert.  Wink Just a side note, when the temps drop below 96 here it gets down right nipply Grin Bring on the summer! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:51:57 AM by Van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »

I have my non inverter items separated in another breaker box from the inverter powered items. Hence, If I'm on limited power pole, I can just turn off the 30amp supply to the inverter breaker box and run off a combination of inverter and power pole. I would use this, for instance, if I'm at a friends house with only 20amps coming to the bus and running one roof air. Then if I wanted to say run the microwave, or make coffee, or toast, I can run it off the inverter and worry about recharging the batteries later that night when the A/C is no longer needed. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: