Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 10:57:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Axle Seal Job  (Read 491 times)
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »

Had the Rear Axle seals and one Front replaced (Prevost/Houston) and afterword driving the 100 miles to house noticed the temp was up about 25 degrees higher than it normally runs. Temp rise just started about seal job. Could it be the bearing set to tight or brakes adjusted a little tighter?  I noticed if I dropped it down from 65ish to 55 temp would drop. This is a 91 Prevost with 8V92. I have never seen it hit 210 on dash gauge and it got there. Dash gauge does register about 15 degrees higher than engine bay gauge. Thought it might be the vehicle I was towing but dropped it and tried, no change. Notified them and will get it back next week to check.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:34:13 AM »

Did you notice a top end speed drop or slow acceleration? That would indicate tight bearing or brake plus should have had smell if were brake.  You need a local truck guy for your bus needs. These simple things Prevost gets in your pocket big time for.  Any heat in dual area or front either side or pulling on steering wheel?  All hints.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 07:51:12 AM »

More complete post on PC seems there is heat is rear drive area indicating tight or damaged bearing or brake problem and apparently a 2nd time Prevost has been into that area.  FWIW  and just a dumb a$$  observation.  Could a lock up be in the near future?  I could be  misunderstanding by reading something into the other post.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »

No brake smell Bob. Did notice heat in wheel area and cap/ wheel was very warm to touch. Always check my trailer axles by touching hub area. Hit with heat gun and was over 100 when the other ones was about 75 which was about the outside temp yesterday. About 100 miles to Prevost Houston will take it back. already called.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: