Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:27:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slides  (Read 2276 times)
chessie4905

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:29:51 AM »

We need some that have slides on/in their coaches to post some pics of how it looks inside the coach with the slides retracted. They NEVER show this at RV shows.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:57:48 AM »

I have some photos of my Doc's 2012 Prevost with 4 slides if no one post photos for you I'll give it a shot,me I would not want to deal with it maybe 1 slide but differently not the 4 he is not happy with the room when the 4 slides are in his bus is pretty much useless with the slides in

He bought his bus from photos from Marathon with the slides out with his money he never looks he just orders over the phone and it bites him in the butt sometimes too
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:35:30 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

We had a sticks and staples motorhome that had a 36" deep slide .When it was in while driving it was way too tight to get through . So when we designed the coach I designed the slide with the booth , the pull out sleeper on a 26" deep slide out . You may loose a little room inside when parked but when on the road it's much easier to move around . I will try and put some pictures up with the slide in and out .         dave 

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
oltrunt

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »

Hello All.  I don't have a coach--just an "antique" tiny schoolie.  It didn't take me long to figure out that a slide out for the bed was the only way I was going to be able to sleep without standing up.  My slide out moves 32" and leaves a clear 16" walk space between the bed and the "kitchen"counter when retracted which seems to be enough for my thin self.  As always there are trade offs.  I've never posted pictures here but I'll give it a try.  Jack

The entire bus is only 22" long.

These will all be construction pics.  Slide out.

Slide in.

Poor pic of slide retracted as seen from within.
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:12:31 PM »

slide in , out                  dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »

slide in , out                  dave   

Nice!  Looks a lot like Garhawk's Eagle, exceptin that he has a pair of "captain's chairs" with a fold table on the right side.  I'd go that way except for one little thing!   ($$$$)

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »

2 more             in , out          dave

chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

I'm looking for a center shot from front to rear on a 96" wide. I guess 102" would be ok, I'd just estimate.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »

You have about 92 inches useable: suppose you take a slide in living room area 12 ft long and 30 inches deep  26 inch slide plus 4  inches for side slope and inside trim and fit.  Get you a box  30 inches wide.   And place it 60 inches away from a wall and that is what you have left.   If you plan on chairs there or cabinets---make them up out of card board or just use chairs  etc and see what you can live with.  My two slides in the bedroom touch each other when closed.To clarify the foot of the bed touches the cabinets in the other slide  there is a good 3 ft between the top of the two.    In the front the 16ft long slide is only 26inches deep so we have plenty of room for lounge chairs and cabinets across from it when closed plus passage going down road. The reefer goes out with front slide.   Hope this helps.  The moving the couch out only is one thing that really opens up the floor space. The only inside space you really loose is the trim and inside seal thickness. I allowed a generous 4 inches for that.   FWIW   Bob
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:46:17 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »

I have been in quad slide buses with the double salon sides it was tough to walk to bathroom,kitchen slides take up a lot of room the way they are designed and I don't care for the above floor slides much either  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:38:17 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:04:25 AM »

Jack, that looks good...have you slept in it yet? Grin

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
oltrunt

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »

Doug, does falling asleep in it after a heavy work day and a super sized gin&tonic count?
Larry B

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »

A couple of pictures of what my slide looks like from the inside. Slide has 30" of travel and the slide is 43" deep at table. The green recliner and love seat are from a remodel in our basement. In order to use the recline features (1/2 worn out Lazyboys) they needed to be about 4" away from wall, this makes them close together when slide is in. You can still get though, your leg rubs on front of recliners. We are going to finish wearing out reclines then look for something else pass through easier. I agree the flush floor looks much better and you gain slide height. At the time of building slide I could not figure out how to make slide go in and out and then drop down near end of travell. I think I could make it happen now but I am not going to change what I have, does the job.

1977 MCI-5B---
8V71- 4speed man
Larry B

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »

Two more pictures with slide opposite way. ( I think i forgot to sign name on last post)     Larry B

1977 MCI-5B---
8V71- 4speed man
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 05:12:16 AM »

Thank you for posting those pics.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: