Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 01:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: using nitrogen with Pressure Pro?  (Read 1282 times)
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »

the best answer is to do what makes you happy, if you want it, do it, other wise do what the rest of us do.
I mostly only do what makes me happy as long as the DW allows it. Angry

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »

Accept for Clifford, pretty much most of these comments had nothing to do with the question, other than the one one that said it shouldn't be an issue!
I've heard all the snake oil comments before!
I've also seen folks save money using nitrogen!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »

Jon,, I just retired after 33 years as an IA 36 years as an A/P & 21 years as a corp pilot and Director of maint. for two airlines and one helicopter company,I have owned dozens of aircraft mostly twins. Nitrogen is used in inflatable struts & in place of pure air in air over hydraulic struts to prevent internal corrosion and freezing at altitude, even at that it happens occasionally, and when the gear freezes in the wells things get noisy very shortly after coming over the fence..
 All jet aircraft today use nitrogen in the tire assemblies to help control temps. during high speed ground runs, BUT, I am NOT a proponent of using it in automotive tires.>>>Dan

Utah, I am sure you will agree the primary reason for most uses of N is because it is available and can deliver much greater pressures than shop air. If moisture is a problem (unlikely in the amounts present in typical shop air) then the use of a compressed air dryer will deliver compressed air that is drier than a popcorn fart.

The tire places that try to shove the use of N down our throats are after the money because if N was really important to have in tires they would first pull a vacuum on the tires and then fill with N.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 08:22:38 AM »

FWIW Robertson Tire does pull a vacuum I watched that he set the bead with air pressure then hooked the pump to pull the small vacuum he forgot about the pump doing something else and the vacuum broke the bead loose I wondered if that was any benefit or not   

Life is short drink the good wine first
gus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »

How can you set the bead with air pressure and draw a vacumn at the same time?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

I wasn't clear Gus he set the bead with air when the air was out because the valve stem wasn't in the tire then he pulled the vacuum   

It made no sense to me when he turned the vacuum pump off and disconnected the hose it sucked air back into the tire but he got his 12 bucks a tire  Roll Eyes not from me it was another customer in the shop 1st time I ever saw that done 

They do use vacuum to break down some tires on the high dollar aluminum wheels for cars I have saw that done many of times in Phoenix on high dollar sports car

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: