Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 03:19:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Leaks 4104  (Read 1207 times)
4104SoFl
Orv

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »

Yes I did

Orville Meyer
Loxahatchee, FL
Hoping for the best / Preparing for the worst
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 03:05:37 PM »

Probably at least a couple of things. Did you replace the diaphragms to correct this problem initially? Did the brakes work ok for awhile after you repaired the chambers? If not, you obviously reassembled them with wrong or incorrectly installed diaphragms, or have a reversed hose or hole in one, or another issue instead of a leaking chamber,etc. If so, I would check the valve at the rear tank first, then the tank for a leak. Since you say it stops at 35psi, it sounds like that em. brake valve, but you'll need to SAFELY get under there and check it out. Who knows what kind of plumbing was added to install the maxi-chambers.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 03:43:21 AM »

look at the diagrams/explanations in the shop manual they explain location and functions of air lines and wet/dry tanks.  Agree with Gus rear wet tank probably scrap.  Had to change all 3 tanks on my 04 when I got it.

Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

The "gold standard" is the soap bubble test, but I've found that using a stethoscope (or a 3 foot long piece of 1/4" DOT tube) is a good way to track down areas where you need to apply soap.  The sound test won't work on tiny, slow leaks but if it's a leak big enough to cause your system to act oddly, you'll be able to hear enough to point you towards likely problems.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: