Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 06:47:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Timer health Insurance  (Read 1782 times)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 06:53:44 AM »

Humana One - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 09:21:38 AM »

My Dad's end of life care, is costing more than $12,000.00 a month, since February 2013

Don - Curious if your Dad's healthcare costs are 12k a month with insurance or without?  And my condolences to your dad.  No matter how prepared we are, when the time comes its never easy.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »

Don - Curious if your Dad's healthcare costs are 12k a month with insurance or without?  And my condolences to your dad.  No matter how prepared we are, when the time comes its never easy.

-Sean

I only use my personal experience to illustrate the costs. Fortunately for his estate and wish to provide for his grand children he has a benefactor who provides the funding for his care, he is a disabled WWII navy vet.

My personal ethic says that if you are not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare then you should pay something towards your future needs. I was invincible once upon a time, and now I live (by the grace of God) with a cancer that is (thus far) untreatable. Adrenal Cortical Carcinoma. Everyday is a gift, and my wife will never be encumbered by astronomical medical care costs.
A hospital usually will willingly write off co-pays. BUT if you don't have insurance.....they may send you away with minimal treatment. My cancer was discovered in an emergency room. They did not send me away.
I am just a poor slob like most average guys....but with my health insurance I am treated like a millionaire.
PS You can review the ACA offerings here in detail w/o giving up your personal info. You can find policies that cover you nationwide that meet ACA standards.
http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/
http://www.valuepenguin.com/

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »

Sean,you should look into some type policy I got my final bill today for 2 days in the hospital the grand total came to $17,571.60 plus the $376.58 the insurance didn't pay that I have to pay, geez no wonder these doctors can buy new a Prevost every 2 years @ that rate it would be over $35,000 a week  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:11:19 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 05:38:45 PM »

... health insurance at any price is cheap. I gladly pay and have for 30 years.   ...

My daddy always sed "if you can't afford to lose it, you can't afford not to insure it".  Insurance is *coverage* - if you buy the right stuff, you're covered by protection from things that you don't know are coming.  I hate surprises ...

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »

Full timing in Canada or Europe is your best option.                JIm

Or if you're close to our southern neighbour you can hop across the border and get surprisingly good healthcare for not too many pesos.   On my last two trips to MX I had to see a doctor there each time (nothing serious, just travel-related lurgs), and I was impressed at the quality of personal attention and care, and the selection of medications available for a reasonable cost.   Cuban-trained doctors are some of the world's best, and there are plenty of them in MX.

Here's what Mobile Kodger has to say about his experiences there:  http://mobilecodgers.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-birth-of-dental-empire-at-algodones.html   (All his blogs are a good read anyway.)

Just an idea.
John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »

.... you can hop across the border and get surprisingly good healthcare for not too many pesos.   

That's all well and good, (and I have sought medical and dental care there)...But it's worthless if you can't get there, by morning or "in the golden hour"
PS My Mexican dentist was trained/educated in Tokyo, Japan
I DO NOT pay for dental insurance...that is out of pocket Sad

Here's what Mobile Kodger has to say about his experiences there:  http://mobilecodgers.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-birth-of-dental-empire-at-algodones.html   (All his blogs are a good read anyway.)

Just an idea.
John

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »

We have united health one (golden rule). $5,000 ded, 100% coverage after meeting ded. Never had issues with them and so far have had around $17,000 worth of claims in the past 4 years of our marriage. Love them. Highly recommended. 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »

$1,000,000 cap per person per year btw
And $265/mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: