Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:31:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webasto? Yep I found one Need help in identifying it  (Read 458 times)
Aviator

With enough thrust, Pigs fly just fine

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2013, 10:37:33 PM »

While I was in the back checking fluids, I noticed an extra exhaust pipe under the rear bumper.  Following it up and back I found a previously unknown Webasto  (pic below)

I think its a Thermo but I don't know where to look for the size

Its plumbed into the bus cooling system and the unit and the lines get hot when the bus is running, indicating that coolant is flowing through the unit.

I cant find a switch anywhere and what wiring that I think i found just goes into the rear junction box and two of the three wires are disconnected.

Thoughts?  anyone know how to identify this unit so I can hunt down a manual and wiring diagram?

Thanks

Larry
MCI 102C-3

Larry
MCI 102C3
Northwest Indiana
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

Looks like either a DBW 2010 or 2020. Plate should be on top on heater exchange unit.
Here is link to manuals.  http://www.suremarine.com/manuals/webasto-repair-manuals/dbw2010-2020-300-repair.pdf
HTH...Tim

Cawston, British Columbia
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:10 AM »

They came standard with the S60 on the D3. Great for preheating the engine. There is a programmable timer at the driver's. I used to set it for an hour before starting in cold weather, or 1/2 hr in mild winter weather. It then automatically come on an off to keep the engine around 180 F minimum. Great for the S60 which doesn't come up to operating temperature unless worked hard. Best invention since buses were discovered.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »

I have the Aqua Hot version, agree it is the answer to the cold temp time of year, not a cheapo, but very very nice.
dave m

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:28:40 AM »

Avi - you description just feels to all the world to me like the unit was so troublesome and expensive that a previous owner just gave up, cut all the electrical cables, and forgot about the thing.  I hope not - they're not perfect but they do a good job of making useable heat for a lot of purposes.  Good luck with getting this one back.

BH  (last ride, 1951 Cessna L19/O1 Bird Dog, air attack & fire patrol for NC Forest Service)  NC   USA

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: