Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 03:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus cover...  (Read 848 times)
Gwaltnak

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »

I am looking for a cover for my 4107 to protect it from the Southern California sun and salt air. What do you guys use?
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »

You won't like the covers with wind they beat the paint off BTDT

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

A pole barn to keep it in the shade, hang some tarps from the sides to protect from southern and western sun.

Salt air?  Have to co-exist with it if you live on the coast.

Or move to Temecula. . .   Grin

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
qayqayt

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »

Last year we bought one of those RV covers from Camping World.  It has a soft fabric that apparently allows air flow.  Cost us $390 for the 35 foot version and it covers our 4108.  If you put it on the right way around, there's a zipper door access.  On the plus side, we live in British Columbia where it rains and rains all winter.  We always have 6 desiccant containers inside the bus to deal with moisture.  We still had interior moisture with the cover but it was cut down by 75% easily.  Also the manufacturer claims that they have different fabric covers for the type of weather that you get in all parts of the country.

On the negative side, it was difficult to put on with all the roof apparatus we have and the material is flimsy and tears easily.  Also finding a place to store it when not in use was a pain.   

Bryan

Bryan
Vancouver BC
GM PD-4108
Gwaltnak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »

Thanks for the responses, the plan eventually is to have a hard cover, but for now , I am looking to make this old bus a little less obtrusive. I did finally just buy the bullet and buy the Adco Tyvek cover from camping world. Let's hope it makes things a little more appeasing to the eye for now.
Purplewillie

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »

We have a Adco cover that came with our 4905 . Just put it on this past Saturday. No real wind to speak of here ,so not worried about
Paint wear.  They have lots of ties underneath and front and rear so it stays nice and snug.we also have the wet snowy/ rainy BC winter climate to deal with .I would prefer a bus barn , but until that happens this will do.
Mark

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mark & Char
1976 P8M4905a 8v71 v730
British Columbia Canada
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: