Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 03:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any reasons not use buy MK / Deka AGM batteries? Lifeline worth the cost?  (Read 2391 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »

I'm aware that Concorde makes a number of brands including Lifeline.  I've read over the years that Sun Xtender batteries are generally cheaper than Lifeline, but I've seen cases where the same vendor sells the Lifeline 4D for up to $100 less than the Sun Xtender 4D equiv.  Lifeline being cheaper than Sun Xtender is more the exception than the rule.

I would buy four of the 6 volt Deka AGM batteries if I could find them for $200 each.  Sam's Club in some regions sells an AGM golf cart battery, but they are not sold in my region.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »

I've been using 15W-40 in my Series 60!  I better run out and get some 40 weight in the morning.  Roll Eyes 

But only after we have a *complete* discussion about it!  Cheesy

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »

Can somebody actually put a dollar figure on what these batteries are costing (without shipping).  For some people cost is more important due to the amount of use they get.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 06:15:31 AM »

The Concorde Sun Xtender 4D AGM batteries I have been looking at go for $450 each over at Apexbattery.com.  Shipping is $150 for two of them.  Universal Power Group / UPG (Chinese) 4D AGM batteries I see for $340 or less online.

I just talked to the local Lifeline Distributor.  He doesn't even stock the Lifeline batteries due to low demand and his prices are high.  They do have a Deka 4D AGM for $380 plus tax or a Deka 8D AGM for $460.  (plus $45 core charge)

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »

Shipping from Concorde is included in your wholesale price to your place of business drop shipping is no longer allowed on their dime, you can get 3 or 4 different price sheets from Concorde a week up and down when the price drops Concorde expects you to sell at the current price not what you paid which could have been a much higher price and they pay the difference 

In the real world and not on the net a Concorde dealer cannot sell but 1 model of their battery if you sell LifeLine they will not ship you the blacktop Sun Xtender 

They do not allow over stocking of their batteries that is watched close now they as do not want a dealer selling a customer a 2 year old battery 

Me I would find a dealer and forget the internet, dealers for Concorde have a good mark up margin to negotiate with  ::)Concorde doesn't like it but it happens

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »

I talked to one of the local Lifeline dealers and he doesn't even stock Lifeline batteries due to lack of demand.  He could get me a pair of Lifeline 4D batteries, but he said they would be over $700 each.  He could do Deka for over $300 less per battery.  I talked to a second dealer and he doesn't stock Lifeline either, but can order them too.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »

Regardless you pay dearly for the LifeLine warranty but 700 bucks is a huge markup on a LifeLine 4-D battery according to my price list for Nov

good luck

Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »

I have 8 Deka AGM  8D's   Great batteries.   You can order them direct from there distributor.   They will even give you$75.00 for each core!
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »

I have 8 Deka AGM  8D's   Great batteries.   You can order them direct from there distributor.   They will even give you$75.00 for each core! 

Does the core have to be AGM?  Will they give you core on a wet-cell when you're buying an AGM?   Thanks,  BH

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »

Looks like if you live on the west coast, you use Lifeline. If you're on the east coast, MK. I mistakenly took MK for the Chinese Fullriver batteries. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »

Yes, they will give you the "core" monies on a standard lead acid battery.   I turned in 16 batteries..   It was a great deal..    Not all were 8D's..  Pricing for smaller batteries was less but it was nice to get rid of them, and monies against my invoice.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 04:05:47 AM »

Yes, they will give you the "core" monies on a standard lead acid battery.   I turned in 16 batteries..   It was a great deal..    Not all were 8D's..  Pricing for smaller batteries was less but it was nice to get rid of them, and monies against my invoice.

Thanks for that info.   BH

garhawk

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 05:24:36 AM »

Like Zero, there are eight 8D Deka AGMs in the house battery bank of our Eagle.  Here's my thought process used to replace them about six months ago.

A)  previous set was Deka brand.  lasted over seven years.
B)  available in EXACT configuration as previous set.
C)  pickup within 50 miles.  no additional freight.
D)  all batteries with same mfg date.  within past 75 days.
E)  reputable, bricks & mortar dealer to handle warranty.
F)  price competitive.

Other reputable brands would have been acceptable, i,e, Lifeline, Trojan, etc.  We were just fortunate that our previous brand met all the criteria.

A word of caution: follow EXPERT advice in "setting in" your new battery bank.  (initial charge, discharge, number of times, rate, etc.).

Don't forget to converse with your inverter of any significant changes.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 05:52:22 AM »

We have good luck from Deka I personally like the 2 year free replacement warranty on most of their batteries but you won't get the 5 year pro/rated as offered on the LifeLines if you are hung up on the warranty JMO

I am replacing my Deka starting batteries to day 5 or 6 years is a long time for battery life here in desert I can't complain about the Deka's, I use the Cat batteries made by Deka   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:55:36 AM by luvrbus » Logged

uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 06:10:54 AM »

How are you getting more than 4 years from your starting batteries?
Mine usually only last a couple of years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: