Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 01:12:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle Exhaust Manifold  (Read 634 times)
BillC

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »

Hi, its been a long time for me to post here or take the bus out , but we made to sunny Venice Florida and while coming down there was a little exhaust noise coming from drive side pipe to the turbo , so I stopped and had it welded. Seamed quiet , Until we arrived in Venice , started the 6 V 92 up just to move her a few feet and the drive side exhaust manifold fell off onto the rad lines, every bolt flange broke off. So im looking for a used exhaust manifold that dumps strait out the back. And maybe some tricks as to get in there and turn some wrenches. I do have the studs soaking in  P B blaster.  I did call Jeffersons and Ed told me the cost of a New One.   1983 Eagle 10 S   6 v 92 with Allison auto. Smiley Bill C

1983  Eagle  10 S
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »

I sent you a PM.

Hope it helps!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »

You got a price on a new one and you are still breathing  Roll Eyes call Iornman @1-866-751-7264 or Don Fairchild @1-661-391-4520 they may have one those are getting hard to find fwiw ask for a front mounted turbo exhaust manifold  

I have plenty of the top mounted manifolds for the 6v but no front mounted    

Life is short drink the good wine first
BillC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »

Thanks to all, Sonnie is sending
 me the part. Thanks Again   Bill C

1983  Eagle  10 S
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »

Thanks to all, Sonnie is sending
 me the part. Thanks Again   Bill C

Good deal Bill.
I had thought of one other POSSIBLE source as Choo-Choo Garage has parted out several Eagles in the past few yrs.

But you found one before I could suggest it.
Grin  BK  Grin
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »

I forgot about Sonnie and I listed the stuff for him lol here one thing I don't like about the spare tire section here but it could be me but the stuff for sale goes away in time

Life is short drink the good wine first
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »

I forgot about Sonnie and I listed the stuff for him lol here one thing I don't like about the spare tire section here but it could be me but the stuff for sale goes away in time

No problem Clifford. Don an I both suggested Sonnie over the phone. (I think we both remembered he had some from when he had one shipped up from his place when I had my last Rally in Union City and Cody broke one on his way south)

Anyway when I spoke to Bill on the phone I told him first place I'd look for ANY Eagle part was YOU! LOL!

But he'd already tried that & was waiting on a call from Sonnie.
Grin  BK  Grin
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »

Sonnie is like the energizer bunny - he just keeps on giving ... and giving .... and ....

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »

Check to make sure your accordian piece is in good shape. There's a reason the manifold cracked and broke off. The exhaust manifold should last the life of the engine (in the older non smog engines). Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
BillC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:37:55 AM »

Yes the accordion piece was the initial problem ( maybe) the repair shop cut it out and put in a piece of flex pipe a little longer then the  accordion, but I didn't think that was the problem. I would like to replace the accordion piece with new but haven't found one of those yet. I guess when I get it back in the shop I'll work on that.  Thanks again 

1983  Eagle  10 S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: