Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 27, 2014, 11:23:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle Exhaust Manifold  (Read 571 times)
BillC

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »

Hi, its been a long time for me to post here or take the bus out , but we made to sunny Venice Florida and while coming down there was a little exhaust noise coming from drive side pipe to the turbo , so I stopped and had it welded. Seamed quiet , Until we arrived in Venice , started the 6 V 92 up just to move her a few feet and the drive side exhaust manifold fell off onto the rad lines, every bolt flange broke off. So im looking for a used exhaust manifold that dumps strait out the back. And maybe some tricks as to get in there and turn some wrenches. I do have the studs soaking in  P B blaster.  I did call Jeffersons and Ed told me the cost of a New One.   1983 Eagle 10 S   6 v 92 with Allison auto. Smiley Bill C

1983  Eagle  10 S
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »

I sent you a PM.

Hope it helps!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »

You got a price on a new one and you are still breathing  Roll Eyes call Iornman @1-866-751-7264 or Don Fairchild @1-661-391-4520 they may have one those are getting hard to find fwiw ask for a front mounted turbo exhaust manifold  

I have plenty of the top mounted manifolds for the 6v but no front mounted    

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
BillC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »

Thanks to all, Sonnie is sending
 me the part. Thanks Again   Bill C

1983  Eagle  10 S
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »

Thanks to all, Sonnie is sending
 me the part. Thanks Again   Bill C

Good deal Bill.
I had thought of one other POSSIBLE source as Choo-Choo Garage has parted out several Eagles in the past few yrs.

But you found one before I could suggest it.
Grin  BK  Grin
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »

I forgot about Sonnie and I listed the stuff for him lol here one thing I don't like about the spare tire section here but it could be me but the stuff for sale goes away in time

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »

I forgot about Sonnie and I listed the stuff for him lol here one thing I don't like about the spare tire section here but it could be me but the stuff for sale goes away in time

No problem Clifford. Don an I both suggested Sonnie over the phone. (I think we both remembered he had some from when he had one shipped up from his place when I had my last Rally in Union City and Cody broke one on his way south)

Anyway when I spoke to Bill on the phone I told him first place I'd look for ANY Eagle part was YOU! LOL!

But he'd already tried that & was waiting on a call from Sonnie.
Grin  BK  Grin
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »

Sonnie is like the energizer bunny - he just keeps on giving ... and giving .... and ....

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »

Check to make sure your accordian piece is in good shape. There's a reason the manifold cracked and broke off. The exhaust manifold should last the life of the engine (in the older non smog engines). Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
BillC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:37:55 AM »

Yes the accordion piece was the initial problem ( maybe) the repair shop cut it out and put in a piece of flex pipe a little longer then the  accordion, but I didn't think that was the problem. I would like to replace the accordion piece with new but haven't found one of those yet. I guess when I get it back in the shop I'll work on that.  Thanks again 

1983  Eagle  10 S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: