Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 1079 times)
zimtok

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:06 AM »

I'm also a member of the busnutonline forum but the more places I can get info the better.

We have a 1960 GMC PD 4104.
Orriginally sold to Great Southern Coaches in July of 1960
We have only had the bus for 3 months but we have know the bus for over 20 years.
It was converted in the early 80's by the owner we purchased it from.

Here is a link to a video of our first road trip...

And a video tour of the bus....

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Dallas

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:39:36 AM »

Welcome to our small section of madness!

Abandon all hope.

Wink Wink Grin Grin Wink Wink
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:07:41 AM »

Zimtok,

Man I saw your video a while back on u-tube and I must say it was great. You guys really know how to make music and it sure was easy listing on the ears. Did you guys cut any CDís? Any way welcome to the best bus site on the web. You wonít find a nicer bunch of guys anywhere.

Dean
WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 11:21:26 AM »

Zimtok,

Very cool video...really enjoyed it...

And welcome aboard....

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:48:26 AM »

Thanks,,,,
I have several videos on YouTube of the band at different gigs. (even one of my son riding his gocart)

As I said, the bus is primaily used for gigs farther away. The local gigs are generally at places too small to park the bus. Well I can always park it, but it borders not being worth the hassle when you drive only 20 miles.

No CD's available yet...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:57:16 AM by zimtok » Logged

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

Welcome to this crazy world of BUS NUTS!

Your video was great. Really like the music. Keep us informed if you guys cut a cd.

Nice to see other older coaches on the road.

This board will be very helpful to you. As there are some very knowlegeable folks here. Laid back but to the point.

Good Luck and Happy Trails,

Paul and Becky

Dreamscape

1968 Eagle 01
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:38 AM »

As I said, the bus is primaily used for gigs farther away. The local gigs are generally at places too small to park the bus. Well I can always park it, but it borders not being worth the hassle when you drive only 20 miles.

My friend, we are all in the same boat here.  You don't have to make any excuses...you're a busnut.  You will spend gobs of money on an instrument of torture that will bring you some small measure of pleasure while others just stand and scratch their heads.  Sometimes, you will feel the pangs of guilt and ask, "what am I doing with this thing?"  Just take a deep breath and that feeling will soon pass. 

I used to drive my family to a restaurant just 11 miles from our house.  Drive around for 30 minutes to find a place to park, walk three miles to the front door, grinning the whole time! Grin

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: