Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 03:23:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NAPA Battery  (Read 1413 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »

I used to  buy batteries and tires from WalMart, till I had a warranty issue with them on a battery.    I started buying from NAPA because of recommendations on this board.   6 Months ago I bought a battery from the local NAPA and it now has a dead cell.  I cannot find the receipt!!   I have a few thousand pieces of paper and receipts for everything, but the one I need is nowhere to be found.

So I pull the battery and off to NAPA.  They did not ask for the original sales receipt, they did not test the battery, they took my word that it had a bad cell. Gave me a new battery and off I went.
                                                                                          Thanks Guys     JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »

Costco is the same way no questions they look at the date on the battery if with in the warranty period they just say sorry about the problem and replace the battery 

Life is short drink the good wine first
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 06:07:29 AM »

My experiences w/NAPA batteries have been the same.

I even had a store out of state deliver them to the hotel the driver was staying at once and help him change them out free of charge. (yes our local store delivers to our shop, but delivering to a customer from out of town @ a hotel is mostly unheard of. And on top of that he helped the driver swap them!)
Grin  BK  Grin
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »

I don't know about warranty and so forth, but I bought a pair of Group 31's as start batteries from NAPA three years ago.  It seems that anytime anyone works on my bus, they leave the master switch on and there have been a number of times that they've been left to discharge pretty deeply but a good easy charge with the Stanley 6/8-trickle chargers and they're as hot as new.  On the load tester, they still show as better than 100% capacity.  The quality looks *really* good.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »

Glad you boys had a good experience. i had a different one , twice within the last couple months.They didn't punch date on battery on 6 month old dozer battery. No go. Then Schader roll around battery charger bit the dust in about 3 months. Said it would cost me $29.95 to send it back. They also dont keep any records on my ag purchases for ranchito either. Going to a smaller store near me that does. Rant over. Bad thing is , they do stock all filters for 8v92.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »

Glad you boys had a good experience. i had a different one ,...

Unfortunately, when it comes to warranty/customer service, life is like that these days.  I bought mine from a branch that has since closed but since I'm about 3 years in, it probably doesn't matter.
    Sorry about your experience.   BH   NC   USA

B_K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 01:33:36 PM »

Glad you boys had a good experience. i had a different one , twice within the last couple months.They didn't punch date on battery on 6 month old dozer battery. No go. Then Schader roll around battery charger bit the dust in about 3 months. Said it would cost me $29.95 to send it back. They also dont keep any records on my ag purchases for ranchito either. Going to a smaller store near me that does. Rant over. Bad thing is , they do stock all filters for 8v92.

Is this your closest "local" NAPA store? Or one of the larger stores in a big city?
If it's yer local store ask the manager to set you up a commercial acct. that way any and all purchases made on that acct. can be tracked!
Grin  BK  Grin
gus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »

One of the reasons I buy all my batts at WM is the excellent warranty service.

The other reason is we travel so much and WMs are everywhere.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »

Gus, are you a "Sam's" member?

BillC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »

I had to replace my 950  C C A . Napa batteries last Tues.  $107.00 each  List $167.00 , the last three were from Feb. 2006. Napa has always been good to me and there stores are everywhere also. Out of the 3 Batteries  1 went bad in 2007 , No questions No receipt just gave me a new one.  Bill C 

1983  Eagle  10 S
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »

No matter where you buy your battery, do yourself a favor and learn to read the date code, any battery 90 days old, bypass it for a newer one further back in the rack.
In my experience, Interstate Battery does the poorest job of keeping fresh batteries, right along with NAPA and other outlets, even WalMart/Sams, watch the dates.
No idea who is making the batteries today for NAPA or WalMart, but Interstate are made by Johnson Controls, we use many Johnson Control Batteries, but our source will not sell one over 3 month old, so we have good luck with them. 
The Johnson Control makes great batteries, but old and dead is more popular with the Interstate Brand due to old age.

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »

WalMart buys from Johnson and Exide which ever one is the lowest price for that 1/4,all Interstate batteries are sold through franchises those guy pay big bucks for a Interstate franchise 

I know a guy here that paid 300 grand for a Interstate franchise but he does alright selling over a mil a year worth of batteries even paying Interstate another 5%  of his gross sales he sells to Sam's Club here

His batteries are never over 60 days old anything over that he cuts a good discount to buyers it really is not that bad the warranty starts when you buy the battery from him or one of his dealers 

good luck     

Life is short drink the good wine first
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 05:37:53 PM »

luvrbus,  Think your correct on the 60 days, I said 90, but think your right, I am getting too old I see it coming HAHAHA, why I am headed for a eye lid pin up so I can see out of both eyes, the stroke sort a got me 18 yrs ago...

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
gus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »

Bruce,

Yes, but the nearest one is 140 mi. I usually get my house batts from Sam's because they stock a larger size than WM. They seem to last much longer than my starts?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:34 AM »

Those were my reasons for buying from WalMart.   Till one day I had a battery under warranty with a bad cell.   

They put it on a charger and then load tested it, sorry good battery.  The manager explained to me that it was the new corporate policy for testing batteries.  My new corporate policy is to tell as many people as possible and not buy from Wal Mart!

There are almost as many NAPA's around as Wal Marts.
   jIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: