Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 09:52:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defroster motor on 82 Eagle  (Read 484 times)
Gold Talon

Tom & Karen Goldsby Battle Ground Wa. 1982 Eagle

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:30 AM »

Gentlemen I need your help again. The defroster motor quit working on my 1982 Eagle. The P O has a toggle switch mounted to turn it on/off. This switch is on the left of the drivers seat, but when I turn it on, there is a clicking sound under the dash near the center or the coach. The problem is I do not know how to access the motor or this breaker/ relay, if that is what is clicking. I was able to get to the speed control reastate, but it looks OK, does not get warm to the touch when the switch is on. But I have not tested it yet, the connestions are soldered. What is the best way to access the blower motor? Is it from the front of the dash or can it be accessed from the spare tire compartment? The front of the dash is finished in 3/4" maple, I have not been able to get it to come loose even after removing all ot the screws I could find. Any and all input is needed.
  Not too safe driving with windows fogged up. Washington weather is the big problem!
Thanks For your help, Tom
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »

It is done from the front it's a nice chore to change that puppy on a model 10 and on a conversion no telling what you will find there, just maybe he was smart enough to build a access to the motor from the fresh air return grill    
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:26:42 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Gold Talon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

Clifford
   Thanks for the help. I did get the maple front off and did check the reastate by jumpering accross the terminals,   the blowers took off running fast and quiet. I need to find a new reastate then I can reassemble the dash. This one is made by Ohmite MFG. 2.0 amps it drives both blower motors. I will make some calls on Monday.
Thanks again for the reply.
Tom
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohmite-model-P-CERAMIC-RHEOSTAT-resistor-2-ohm-10-6-Amps-for-power-supply-/380778682208

That should do it.

A simple search will display a lot of them.

Good Luck,

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Gold Talon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »

Thanks Joe that one is much larger than I need for defroster blower so I will look to see if there is a 2.0 amp out there. Might call Jefferson Bus they may have something as well. Will post what I find. I have dash tore apart, big mess, would like to wrap this up soon.
Thannks again for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: