Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 05:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Busnuts  (Read 703 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »

Have heard from some that don't post much in recent days.. Mostly because of the big weather out break here in midwest.  FWIW  other than inconvenience all is good.  Have heard that Jack is back in Fla. (Was a stable of board and is still a silent backbone forever)  Mike L  home and great trip. reading board and starting new bus.  Tom -reading board and still on line once in while I see. In Ohio yet.  See also Jim visiting  time to time----I hooked up my J2 -J1 yesterday (Eaton) He helped me on that!  I know this sound personal--- Point being  THERE IS ALLOT OF OLD BUSNUTS  we need to keep us straight. Some have burned out of the computer society and some just don't enjoy the bullsh^^t. Some just are enjoying their bus build!!!! Lots of knowledge to just blow off!  Most all of them make it to Arcadia...  Think I got enough about Busses in there....I could have mentioned many more!!!!!!!!!!!!They are  Busnuts 

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »

I agree completely! 

There is some serious collective wisdom found in the more "seasoned" busnuts on this board and other bus conversion forums. I sure would like to see a section on the site that allowed some of those more senior members to share their wisdom. The section could collect pictures, funny stories, lessons learned, serious and costly mistakes, fantastic successes, silly trends and fads and even perhaps a topic or two on how to do things right the first time. 

In one of my lives, I approve the retirement applications of folks who after 30-35 or even 40 years decide to retire. Each time, I wonder how much institutional knowledge has been captured by the organization before these people hang it up. 

The same applies to this wonderful hobby! Lets get something going that collects the history, knowledge and life of these members before it is too late!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
siberyd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:18:51 AM »

Lossing people with unique knowlege and know how is bad in every setting. At Western GM Coach (FMCA Chapter) we are trying to capture that info for current and future bus owners. Its called the GM Project, since we have that type coach. This way info may be shared not lost when someone moves on.

It is a slow process, so wish not to share for various reasons. Others don't know how or where to share.

Siberyd

1964 White/Carpenter 35' RE 3208 Husky Camp
1957 PD 4104-2240 Converted Siberyd

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg498/26R13/
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:53 PM »

I old... &   I'm a busnut. But I don't know much!   Grin Grin

I do read a lot of the boards a few times a week. I don't post much because most seem to know more than me.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: