Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 03:23:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Block engine noise from back bedroom?  (Read 1420 times)
Gwaltnak

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »

Another source I have used in the past is http://www.b-quiet.com their composite products ate pretty good. As for heat, I suggest having a bed liner company spray an extra thick layer to block the heat.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »

On the Entertainer coach I am redoing it had about 1 1/2 inches of spray foam applied over everything(on bus body not drive train) from below from bell housing to rear baggage compartment then 1 inch of heat shield type material on all exposed areas of engine compartment plus exhaust  blankets..  I also use thick carpet padding on floors in bed room also  Thermal brake would be key factor==transmit flow of heat thru metal. then insulate.    shoot it with a IR gun  ... a piece of wood attached to a piece of steel same place and see which temp is highest --transfers heat best.  Just opinion  here... Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »

If you're retrofitting, I'd suggest applying Dynamat to all the surfaces you can get to.  It's easy to cut and shape and is self adhesive.  It's like bitchathane with a top layer of lead.  About 1/8" thick overall.  Then rigid insulation, if you can, and then finish cover for floor (carpet) or walls (something like thin carpet squares).  I finished the forward walls of the bedroom with Pinta Acoustic foam (like they use in sound studios).  The pattern fits with our Streamline Moderne decor.  We also have pieces cut to press fit into the bedroom doorway when underway and stow under the bed when not in use.

I guess it's like skinning a cat.

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
flynbanjo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

I haven't tried it yet, but I was thinking of trying lizard skin to block some of the heat and noise over the engine house.  Soundown also makes an acoustic carpet underlay that may help.

Steven
81 MCI MC9
Hudson, Florida
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 05:20:48 AM »

Added to  foam sprayed on underside over wires hoses floor etc    not trans engine themselves!!!  in the fire   most if it survived, I did have it sprayed back in by a local guy $200 before everything went back in.  I had chipped what was left out in chunks. All the bottom bay sheets from the outside are sprayed foamed also looks to be almos 2" thick  FWIW...  Don't know whether the black color on top of it is road dirt or some type of factory undercoating.   Triva  here    sound deader  throughout coach  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 06:04:55 AM »

That entertainer shell Bob will have a lead sheet from the front to the rear fwiw

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: