Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 12:06:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choo Choo Garage - Need your help today!  (Read 1026 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »

I need your help.  We are currently getting some general maintenance at the Choo Choo garage and I decided I would like to gift Don and Joel with a website.  They are not visible online anywhere and this will make for some good advertising for them.  At the very least, it will help folks find them and contact them easily.

Why do I need your help?  Two things.  First – I have a place on his site for Testimonials.  Please take a moment right now, if you have experienced their hospitality and professional work, to write something nice about the Choo Choo Garage and about Don and Joel.  If you have visited the garage, you probably are beaming with good things to say.  You can do this by going to the website at: http://choochoogarage.com/ and click on “Testimonials”.  Near the top (under the picture) is a link that says “Add Testimonials”.  Click there and submit your thoughts. 

Second, I need to add text to his site home page.  I quickly scribbled out some words today, but it can be improved.  I don't know if Don will toot his own horn, but some of you have great writing ability.  What would you say to the world if you were Don?

Please do this today – I hope to gift this site to Don and Joel tomorrow.  Also, please don't tell Don or Joel that I'm doing this... It's a gift.

You will all be appreciated by your kind words!

Thanks,
Dave

P.S.  I've just started working on this.. not everything is done.  There is still work on the contact page, map, etc.  However, suggestions are appreciated.

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:13:58 AM »

What a nice gift! Smiley

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »

The website was presented to Don and Joel this morning.  We had such fun reminiscing about all the good folks who have passed through these doors.  A huge thank you to those of you who have already sent your testimonials.  Don spoke fondly of each of you. 

Please continue to add your comments and testimonials at the website as you can.  Again, if you've experienced the Choo Choo Express Garage then you have something positive to say.

http://choochoogarage.com/

Again, a huge thank you to everyone who has been a part of this project, and to those who have been a part of Don and Joel's lives through the years.

Dave

1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »

Nice job!  Can you tell me who owns the Silverside in the home page picture?

Mark
PD3751-438

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »

Thanks, honestly I just took the picture from Google Images.  I wish I knew the background of the buses shown. 

By the way, there are some pictures on the left of random buses.  If you want your picture there I'd be glad to add it.  I might even start a bus picture collection page.

A number of Choo Choo regulars are already there (including mine), but many are just random pics from Google.

1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »

Careful about using random pictures from the internet, especially on a commercial site, without a license to do so. People do it all the time, but that doesn't make it legal, and the risks go way up when you make commercial use of the image. You might get away with it forever, but if the owner wishes to pursue it, the price could be a significant chunk of change for a small business. That wouldn't be a very nice present.

Google images does have a search feature for that purpose (advanced search, under the gear icon to the far right...be sure to pick the "free to use or share, even commercially" filter). Most of those results will be wikipedia images...for other images, you'd need to track down the image owner, if you can.
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »

Nice job!  Can you tell me who owns the Silverside in the home page picture?

Mark
PD3751-438

This appears to be the source of that image (google search by image is a great feature): http://www.steveweatherford.com/TheBUSPage.htm
1947 GMC 3751 Silversides repowered with a Series 50.
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »

Thanks Nusa. That boys website is just too dang cool!
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »

Dave - I've got some pics of the garage and buses out back if you want them.  Just pm me or send me an email.  On a sidebar ...its not loading correctly on a dolphin browser in desktop mode.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 06:53:29 AM »

Dave,

I noticed in the third sentence: "on there way up and down I 75...". Shouldn't "there" be spelled "their"? Looks more professional if spelled right.

Never been there, being out West, but is a definite stop when we go East.

Great job.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »

Good Catch!  Thanks!

The spelling of there, their, and they're is a pet peeve of mine.

That was written quickly, it really could use more information, or better writing for the home page.

I'm open to ideas.

Dave

1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 07:12:37 AM »

Dave, just contact the punctuation Nazis when you need help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: