Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 06:13:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greyhound 100 year rally?  (Read 683 times)
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:33:46 AM »

2014 will be the 100 year anniversary of The start of Greyhound. I have contacted Greyhound corp. office, the Greyhound museum, and the Hibbing Mn chamber of commerce, and am waiting for return calls from all 3 about whether there is going to be a 100 year celebration. Im wondering if there would be interest here in doing a rally at the same time? No one seemed to even know whether there was even going to be any type of celebration? I think this would be a great shame. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Scott

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »

Edit before posting

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »

Edit before posting

?

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:40:30 AM »

I am trying this again (don't take this too personal if it comes across that way)

What I wrote was not very politically correct,so I edited it real quick

I just wanted to give some advice, before this get real deep for you

I have put on alot of events in the 4x4 community and it is alot of work, I could never even think of doing something half a country away from where I live

I would of consulted the boards before going and contacting those 3 large intities, not sure what you said to these folks, if the Hibbing MN chamber of commerce says that is a great idea; are you ready to jump in your vehicle and go there?

You'd need to spend a few days making local contacts with everyone from the major to chief of police and EMS crews?

Where to park everyone that will go, not to mention hotels, and feeding people

It is a lot of work, and pulling this off in 6 months or so with 3 of those months with MN under snow and ice, will be fun

You might think a little smaller if you want to host a rally (having one with in an hr. or two drive is a lot easier to pull off and not to mention it's great if you could have a mentor to follow around for the first one)

I just don't want you to get in over your head (this could end up being huge, not just from the bus community)

good luck with your venture

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »

I am trying this again (don't take this too personal if it comes across that way)

What I wrote was not very politically correct,so I edited it real quick

I just wanted to give some advice, before this get real deep for you

I have put on alot of events in the 4x4 community and it is alot of work, I could never even think of doing something half a country away from where I live

I would of consulted the boards before going and contacting those 3 large intities, not sure what you said to these folks, if the Hibbing MN chamber of commerce says that is a great idea; are you ready to jump in your vehicle and go there?

You'd need to spend a few days making local contacts with everyone from the major to chief of police and EMS crews?

Where to park everyone that will go, not to mention hotels, and feeding people

It is a lot of work, and pulling this off in 6 months or so with 3 of those months with MN under snow and ice, will be fun

You might think a little smaller if you want to host a rally (having one with in an hr. or two drive is a lot easier to pull off and not to mention it's great if you could have a mentor to follow around for the first one)

I just don't want you to get in over your head (this could end up being huge, not just from the bus community)

good luck with your venture

Wow I didn't mean to say that I was wanting to host something. What I meant to say was that I had contacted those 3 places to try and find out if something was even planned, and if so would people from here be willing to meet up there. At this time in my life, I can't be that involved in something.

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: