Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need more heat.  (Read 7493 times)
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2014, 05:00:11 AM »

Aaaaand...our water lines just froze in the luggage bays... * grumbling while i pull on my carhartts *

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:16 AM »

15 F when I got up this morning outside of Muldoon Tx. Ain't suppose be be this cold here. I feel your pain.  I can't get my head around all that snow and minus temps you boys and girls are putting up with. . When it thawed out I'd be on the first bus south!  Mine! Stay safe.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2014, 07:06:43 AM »

15 F when I got up this morning outside of Muldoon Tx. Ain't suppose be be this cold here. ... 

Yeah, almost exactly the same on the southern NC coast here.  I had a friend in Burlington VT (what's that 30-40 miles from the Quebec border) complaining about 9 degrees; that's only 6 degrees colder than here!

And "Weather Underground" says that there's a break in the Greenland upper-level High that usually sits out there during the winter and this cold air will blow off soon.

But you all are making me cold with these snow pictures!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2014, 08:13:24 AM »

It's been in the 60's and even 70's in this area.  I'm willing to send you guys some of the heat if you'll pay the packing and shipping.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »

I have really enjoyed this thread. Thanks, everybody!
 Grin
Scott:

I wonder if you might try taking some old carpet sections and laying them on the outside of your windshields, rubber backing against the glass, at least for night time when your view may not be that great anyway. I bet you might be surprised at the improvement in inside temps. And it won't have an energy cost for you, either.

Though we are located in central old Mexico, we are at 6,300 feet above sea level (1,000 feet less than Mexico City), so it is getting pretty chili here. Our homes have no central heating or A/C, of course. The last few days it has been so cold a man would snuggle up to his ex mother-in law.
 Grin
Check out our weather conditions live here:
http://weather.yahoo.com/mexico/queretaro-de-arteaga/san-juan-del-r%C3%ADo-143928/

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »

I have really enjoyed this thread. Thanks, everybody!
 Grin
Scott:

I wonder if you might try taking some old carpet sections and laying them on the outside of your windshields, rubber backing against the glass, at least for night time when your view may not be that great anyway. I bet you might be surprised at the improvement in inside temps. And it won't have an energy cost for you, either.

Though we are located in central old Mexico, we are at 6,300 feet above sea level (1,000 feet less than Mexico City), so it is getting pretty chili here. Our homes have no central heating or A/C, of course. The last few days it has been so cold a man would snuggle up to his ex mother-in law.
 Grin
Check out our weather conditions live here:
http://weather.yahoo.com/mexico/queretaro-de-arteaga/san-juan-del-r%C3%ADo-143928/

blankets hung on the inside of the windshield help for sure...but the coach interior has been fine...74 degrees is comfy...it's the luggage bays that are the issue. I just froze a water line because the brass pex elbow was laying on the floor of the luggage bay in direct contact with the cold aluminum...this caused the elbow to slush up. I flamed it a little with my torch and then directed the heat right on it...also, stuck some rubber underneath it so it wouldn't contact the metal anymore. Problem solved.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

I use a Kat's 2500 watt heater in my heated bay along with a low voltage draw 3.5 amp 24v Webasto water pump.  It is isolated to the bus interior, but if I want I can open the engine circulating valves and heat the engine up for an easy start up.  If interested in a low cost hydronic system I have two more 2500 watt, 120v heaters for sale in the Spare Tire section of this board.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: