Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:24:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leaky brake valve  (Read 381 times)
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »

The foot pedal brake valve is leaking badly in my eagle.  I noticed it when I returned from a trip last week.  My air pressure would drop from 120 to 0 in about 10 minutes.  I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the valve out.  No success yet.  It is really hard to get to the bolts. 

When I get it out I think it probably should be replaced.  Don't want to tinker with something so important and possibly have it fail Shocked and turn the coach into a 36k pound ram. 

I will work on it some more tomorrow.

David
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »

I agree - just replace the valve.  A number of years back I had a leaking valve as well.  JD @ C&J Bus recommended are replacement instead of rebuilding.  I haven't regretted it.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »

It shouldn't be that hard David unless you are try to remove the whole assembly the valve only has 3 bolts holding it to the pedal assembly   

Life is short drink the good wine first
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »

It shouldn't be that hard David unless you are try to remove the whole assembly the valve only has 3 bolts holding it to the pedal assembly   
I didn't have time to get to it today.  I saw those three bolts, took the nuts off two, but haven't gotten to the 3rd one.  I started to disassemble the foot pedal on the top side.  I guess I should stop that and make every attempt to get the 3rd bolt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: