Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:28:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leaky brake valve  (Read 420 times)
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »

The foot pedal brake valve is leaking badly in my eagle.  I noticed it when I returned from a trip last week.  My air pressure would drop from 120 to 0 in about 10 minutes.  I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the valve out.  No success yet.  It is really hard to get to the bolts. 

When I get it out I think it probably should be replaced.  Don't want to tinker with something so important and possibly have it fail Shocked and turn the coach into a 36k pound ram. 

I will work on it some more tomorrow.

David
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »

I agree - just replace the valve.  A number of years back I had a leaking valve as well.  JD @ C&J Bus recommended are replacement instead of rebuilding.  I haven't regretted it.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »

It shouldn't be that hard David unless you are try to remove the whole assembly the valve only has 3 bolts holding it to the pedal assembly   

Life is short drink the good wine first
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »

It shouldn't be that hard David unless you are try to remove the whole assembly the valve only has 3 bolts holding it to the pedal assembly   
I didn't have time to get to it today.  I saw those three bolts, took the nuts off two, but haven't gotten to the 3rd one.  I started to disassemble the foot pedal on the top side.  I guess I should stop that and make every attempt to get the 3rd bolt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: