Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 05:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy seats?  (Read 1143 times)
Bryan

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »

okay so you know how the 4107s have the steps up as you walk into the bus, and the original passenger seats sat on one step, while you feet would rest on the next step down (make sense?). We actually have the first 2 rows of original seats and they were recovered by POs, this makes 4 pairs of seats, equalling 8 people right? Technically yes, but it's a tight fit, and we don't need to carry 8 people in the front. We are wanting to change this to 4 comfortable captain chairs, or maybe a love seat along one side and 2 captains on the other side. Questions...

1. Anyone have any ideas on best place to get new and used seats?

2. If I were to buy RV captain chairs and want to put them on the floor with out a chair stand/tall base, is that possible?

3. Do you have any other suggestions I'm not thinking of overall for this project?  Wink

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
Bill B /bus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »

First bus was a 4108. Drivers seat with a partition behind which housed the AC electrical breaker panels and various relays. There was originally a dinette on that side and a sofa opposite. Passenger side had a captains chair in front of the sofa. Purchased Flexsteel for captain's chair and sofa. Coming out of the dinette the forward seat was just forward of the step down.
Search on the web as there is now competition for Flexsteel at a much better price.

Bill

Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT70
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »

The Toyota Siena 2nd row  seats have been on e-bay and several guys using them and seem to like them.. I have checked them out.  Might be worth a look. I found under captains chairs

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
georgemci102a2

1988 MCI 102A2 BUS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »

Byron,go to the van conversion place,i got some(ATWOOD) that were new for pennies. George......Grovetown ga.
Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »

Byron,go to the van conversion place,i got some(ATWOOD) that were new for pennies. George......Grovetown ga.

never heard of ATWOOD, but I like the price if they are nice! Any recommendations of Van Conversion shops in NorthEast GA?

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
georgemci102a2

1988 MCI 102A2 BUS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »

Byron,Look up handicap vans in the yellow pages,and find a place that removes the seats for the wheeelchairs etc.The place that i found here had many stacked in the warehouse.(50 to 75 dollars each) George
Handyjim

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »

Check this listing on eBay  121175339212

Use the link to their store  They are a manufacturer in La Habra, CA,  and they ship (sometimes free).

We bought a pair to replace the FlexSteel seats in our motor home.  A direct bolt-in replacement, and the made the fabric to order. I think they have the pedestals, too.

So far, after 6 months, we're happy.  BTW, we drove down and went through the factory.  I have no interest in this company, only happy with the price and quality.

JCorey
Looking, looking, looking
Toward a Conversion
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »

Bryan -

Co-pilot's seat should be mounted the same as the first row of OEM revenue seats, after removing the modesty panel.

If you mount it where the 2nd or 3rd row goes, then someone who sits "tall in the saddle" will have to scrunch over to see out the front windshield.

Not uncommon for Buffalo owners, like yourself, to extend the upper salon floor to just behind the co-pilot's seat that's mounted as described above.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »

Use the link to their store  They are a manufacturer in La Habra, CA,  and they ship (sometimes free). ...   

Yeah, they've been advertising a lot lately.  Dunno what the quality is like but the features they offer look good.  But I haven't seen any of their products in the flesh.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »

Use the link to their store  They are a manufacturer in La Habra, CA,  and they ship (sometimes free).

We bought a pair to replace the FlexSteel seats in our motor home.  A direct bolt-in replacement, and the made the fabric to order. I think they have the pedestals, too.

So far, after 6 months, we're happy.  BTW, we drove down and went through the factory.  I have no interest in this company, only happy with the price and quality.

Thanks HandyJim! I've actually been shopping on their official website already... www.shop4seats.com I was hoping to find some better prices than these :-) But we shall see  Cheesy

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »

Thanks HandyJim! I've actually been shopping on their official website already... www.shop4seats.com I was hoping to find some better prices than these :-) But we shall see  Cheesy

Brian, I've been looking for seats for a while.  The only prices I've seen has been way north of these -- like Minnesota or the YooPee north (or if you're like up there in the Great While North, eh, that would be like the Hudson Bay, eh?)   My issue isn't price it's the quality of these shop4seats seats, the prices are way lower than anyone else's -- makes me wonder why!  If the quality is reasonably good at this price, it's going to be REAL hard to beat.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: