Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 10:22:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery connection  (Read 1646 times)
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »

These are better than what you have, imo. The solder jobs are good but I don't like them on aged wire...solder does not like that blue stuff..

http://www.cloudelectric.com/category-s/12952.htm

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »

It always starts (and usually ends) with a bad ground.  I priced 4/0 cable and decided to see what I could do to rehabilitate the old ones.  Guess what?  Yep, the suspected bad battery (opposite from the corroded cable terminal) had a bad ground.  Making minor if not no contact.  That overloaded the other side and caused all the problems.  It's never too late to learn this lesion..... again .... for the umteenth time! Embarrassed

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »

...   I priced 4/0 cable and decided to see what I could do to rehabilitate the old ones. ...

For a lot of us that this ain't our first rodeo, we've seen a lot of cables on old vehicles that if you slice the insulation open, there's nothing but green powder inside.  In the immortal words of Thomas Edison "don't depend on that to be a good conductor"!

BH    NC     USA

("58.3% of all the statistics you see on the InnerWeb are just made up, and you have to be very careful of stupid quotations, too"  Abraham Lincoln)

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »

I once thought that I would order all my battery cables/parts on line and I was going to make up all my own for my battery bank. I went to a local battery shop and dealer and he made up all my cables to my specifications. After adding up the cost it was easier and just as expensive if I had them made up online and shipped. If one is wrong what do you do online send it back. Check locally you will be suprised. This particular shop was very accomodating to my needs and requests.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: