Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 09:41:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody use Triangle ties?  (Read 955 times)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »

Hello, my friends.

I have been very busy in non-bus things for the last three months.

I have on the bus at the moment 11.00 x 22 rubber: Two brand new ones on the front and 4 retreads on the back. That is the way the bus came.

This week a friend who owns a fleet of semis came over and donated six new tires to my bus project, which I gratefully accepted. They are Chinese tires made by Triangle, which I had never heard of. Model TR696A.

Oh, and yes: I already had purchased a year ago the proper 24.5-inch rims, since the 11.00 x 22 is becoming scarcer than honest politicians down here.

I am just wondering how dependable these may be? Or maybe I should just put these on the back wheels and look for some better ones for the steers? Your comments would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »

ISO 9001 certification is not easy to acquire....least I don't think it is.
from triangle web site...if you don't want I would... Grin

GB/T 19001 and ISO 9001 Certified
DOT Approved (USA)
ECE Compliant (European Union)

Since its founding in 1976, Triangle has already acquired a 33 year history manufacturing tires for most applications. During all these years Triangle has always maintained a single fundamental goal: to meet its global customer demands and serve the global market through continuous research and development. This focus has allowed Triangle to become one of the largest tire producing firms, ranking 10th among tire manufacturers in the world today.

Triangle produces over 700 kinds of radial tires in more than 160 sizes, and manufactures nearly 400 types of bias tires in more than 100 sizes. Annual production exceeds 10 million units, including over 7 million in radials which have become the backbone of our organization in the form of radial passenger car tires, radial light truck and truck tires, and radial OTR tires (for industrial, construction and mining equipment).

Triangle has also become an important supplier of OEM tires for some of the best known vehicle and equipment manufacturers the world over.

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »

From what (I think) I just read they are steer tires....does he have anymore... Smiley

http://triangletire.com/tr696a.html

•Applicable for steer and drive wheels in buses, and front wheels in trucks in city and highway use.
•This patterns provides a longer lasting tread wear.
•Low noise emissions at high speeds.

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »

Why no. Can't say as I ever thought of doing that. Might be a shade better then square tires. Thump Thunk Thump Thunk LOL

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »

They meet DOT specs.

Why would you be afraid to use them?

I have Chinese tires on my Eagle. They are far superior to anything US I have used,
including 3 sets of Michelins.

I will replace them with the same tires if they ever need replacing while I own it.

I believe too many folks malign things they know little about. If they meet DOT specs, they are
constructed using the same materials and standards as US tires.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Kitt

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »

We haven't yet, but plan on putting Triangle tires on our Eagle. So I know that doesn't help you much, but at least you'll know someone else running them. From what little I could find on the 'net from other truck, bus, and RV owners everyone seems happy with them. Couldn't find anyone complaining.

1977 Eagle model 05
8v71, Allison HT740D
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »

Thanks everybody for your comments. So I will certainly be using them.

My original 11.00 x 22 tires are bias ply. The new ones are radials. What might be the noticeable difference in their performance?

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 01:12:20 PM »

Here's some info to study:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=1200r22.5+bus+tires

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

A lot of the truckers here run the DiamondBack made by Triangle they are happy with the tires

Life is short drink the good wine first
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:51:33 PM »

Tires a much more then big, rubber round things that hold air. Are the tires designed for the bus? Are they steer tires (all position), or traction tires? Regular tread or low rolling resistance fuel saver tires? What kind of stopping distances have they tested out to be?
Michelin makes 50 different tires for trucks and buses. Each with a specific design for the vehicle. I just wonder what those Chinese tires have tested out with. Granted they "look" good, but what will they handle like, how long will they last, etc. With the cheaper price then any other tire, I guess many don't care. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »

Triangle makes 50 different tires too. Roll Eyes

Donald PH
Wants Paint Smiley
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 08:39:35 AM »

The radials will ride MUCH better!

Use the tires and don't over think a piss ant hill.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: