Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:07:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Day In History  (Read 1338 times)
treeplanter

the grey ghost,1971 GMC 5305A

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

REMEMBER!

Timothy
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »

My Mom worked for Holston Valley Defense, Kingsport, TN during the war, she and dozens of other ladies tested dynamite and such in order to make bigger and badder bullets and bombs! (Her mom worked at Holston Arms making rifles across town)!
The day we went into Berlin, the supervisors went running through the plant, (Underground I might add) screaming, "We are in Berlin' and our bombs made it happen!" (They knew that without the biggest and baddest bombs, we would not take Berlin)!
Once Germany was defeated, they stated working on something very secret! The day the Atomic Bomb hit Hiroshima, the supervisors went running through the plant again screaming, "An A-bomb just hit Japan, and we helped!"
They built that underground part fast out of green timbers, some a couple of feet square, Mom told that they would be working with dynamite, one of those timbers would crack in the drying out process, at first they assumed it was the end! After awhile they got used to it and didn't think about it anymore!
Dad was in Great Brittan in the Navy during that time!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »

Jack,
I have been to the Holston Army Ammo Plant @ Kingsport, was involved with an electrical upgrade using
 ASCO auto switchs, that was about 15 yrs ago. Spent about a week on site testing the unitsq, was amazed at the security there, mostly for spark and fire.
The biggie when I was invlved was the making and  storing C4..
Was also amazed at the safety procedure, quick exiting bldgs, floodng areas and the govt railroad system.
Was run by BAE contractors, another surprise.
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: