Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 08:39:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check it out....MAN conversion  (Read 529 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »

We pulled into Savannah two nights ago and as we pulled up we saw a MAN that had been converted.  I told the kids hurry up...lets go say hi cause you'll probably never see one of these again in your life.

The conversion was exquisite.  This guy did flawless work.  It was a dump truck and he tore it down and welded everything including the shell together himself.  Small utilitarian interior but just having wheels like that and 4 wheel drive is awesome.

The range on this thing is about 3000 miles and he has a 400 gallon freshwater tank.  He said he can easily go 2 weeks boondocking it.  Comfortable for 2.  They have a little guy traveling with them (5yo) who has a kewlo bunk built in.  Everything runs on diesel except AC.  Cooktop, generator, diesel fired water heater.  He also has radiant heat built in all over the place including the towel rack in the shower that heats the shower space in the morning and dries the towels (and warms them) while the heat is running.

Check his website.  He is from France (I knew they were from overseas when I saw the truck) so the website is in french. They are doing 3 years in North America and South America and then up to Alaska across the bearing sea and down through Russia and into Asia and then back up through the Med and into Europe again.  There goal is to bring cinema (movies) to remote villages for kids who have never seen movies.

http://askatasun.jimdo.com/

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »

Vraiment magnifique!

Wow, that's a housetruck I could get excited over.   4x4 (and sometimes even 6x6) MANs seem to be as popular with the expedition folk as the ubiquitous Unimogs.   This Unicat MAN's interior is my inspiration:  http://www.unicat.net/en/pics/EX63HDM-MANTGA6x6-2.php

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: