Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 11:50:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest Fail  (Read 3057 times)
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 07:34:15 AM »

In spite of my "principles": I prefer a stock looking MCI, I ended up with one with a roof raise and after market windows... It is a great coach, very well done: professionally converted in '89. Well insulated, spacey, all the bells and whistles, good power train (6V92TA, HT740). Works really well driving or camping and we are happy with it. Only knowledgeable bus people notice that it is a bus. Most people just see it as another motor home, which is great in a way for the incognito factor. We really enjoyed the Courier 96 for a few years: it was mostly stock, other than the awning. The original converter did a good job that way, and kept it mostly unmolested. It was such a classic! We got a lot of attention everywhere we went. I regret selling it at times. Just for looks, and in keeping with my tastes as an old bus driver and MCI aficionado, I would prefer a stock looking MC5, or 7, because that is what we drove daily in the '70s in the Canadian Rockies. I don't care for Prevost, and don't know anything about Eagles or GM, other than what I have been reading on the boards. To me, MCIs rule! Am I opinionated, or what, LOL.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »

I have an '82 GMC RTS with a MUI 350HP 6V92TA and V730 and 4:10 rear end to take me up to 80MPH and nobody laughs at me if I were ever to take it to a shop for repairs because my bus has not been in any shop expect my own in 12 years.  I have most of the fancy electronic readers for trucks and buses-- cost me a bundle to get modern, and it hasn't paid off.  Just one of those necessary things a diesel shop needs to have available or look stupid.  The young mechanics can't live without computer readers, and most can't figure out a mechanical problem without guessing at changing parts.

--Geoff
General Diesel Service
Prescott, AZ

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »

Don't no why anyone would giggle about an MC9.  I understand it is not as cool as a 5a, but still nothing to scoff at.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Seville

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

I agree! I think an MC9 is a pretty cool bus ! As Geoff mentioned, Its mainly young guys that are used to working on the late model buses and when the open up my engine compartment they just look puzzled.
It doesn't bother me anymore, I still love my bus. Unfortunately I don't have a shop to work on it, so I'm at the mercy of outside shops.
It's nice to be here and be around other guys the appreciate these older beauties Smiley

New York City
1984 MC9 6v92T
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

Great replies!  Grin Grin Grin

I love my MC-8, I do wish it was a 9 just because of the bigger windows but maybe Ill replace them some day... Roll Eyes

My biggest fail was my custom shower pan. Long story short it leaked right after I finished the bathroom. I had to pull up all the pebble tile and the bottom row of tiles to put in a custom fiberglass shower pan that goes up the walls. Not it does not leak but it was a huge pain in my a$$!

Overall my conversion was a huge success! ITS ALMOST DONE!!!!  Roll Eyes I still need some trim and a couple more cabinets, and I am going to put an island, and needs an AC, and an awning would be good, and a deck on the top with ladder and hot tub... I could keep going jeez!

Here is a pic!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:04:50 PM by Oregonconversion » Logged

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »

That's a HUGE bathroom!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: