Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 11:11:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PD4106 1964 #of lines going to brake valve connected to treadle foot lever  (Read 543 times)
agetme

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »

When I bought the bus it had just had a new brake valve put in the day before. Starting that day no brake lights.
Today I found a 3/8 line that is not connected in the area of the brake valve. It has air coming out and if I plug it the
air builds up. I see no where else that this line can go. I have replaced the rear R12 valve and the brake switch. I am not getting
any air back to the r12 valve into the small line on top which then allows the supply (which is working) to feed the brakes.

SO as my heading says, how many lines go to the brake valve that is connected to treadle lever? I have 2 right now connected to the top ports (that go to brakes and tanks?). I am thinking that the small 3/8 line needs to connect to the brake valve also. Lower port?
Which are supply/discharge. The manual shows 3 lines, 1 of which is a small line that goes back to rear r12 valve to small top port.

Help?

I have no brake light or rear brakes that I can tell. Bus does not stop very quick due to r12 valve not letting supply air go to brakes. Small port on top needs air to allow supply to go to brakes when I step on brakes.

Thanks,

Tom Hamilton

Tom Hamilton
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »

What treadle valve do you have I thought the E-1 just had a in and out port and isn't the rear relay supposed to be a R-6 or R-8 on the old GM's ?

Life is short drink the good wine first
agetme

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »

I have R12 in rear, just got it from Luke. Front bake valve is E-8 I think. It was just replaced the day before I bought bus.
Having just looked at air schematic it appears the line going back to R12 comes from double check valve not directly from Brake application valve. So tomorrow I will look for double check valve to see what is what. The manual air schematic shows 3 lines connected to Brake application valve but, I have only 2. One is supply and one is delivery. I just need to sort out all the lines in the brake application area.  There are a few, sort of confusing.

Tom Hamilton
agetme

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »

Saga is over, the loose line was in fact left off the new brake application valve by the mechanic! Connected the line to valve brake light works fine.

On to the other 199 things I have to do. Feels great today though.

Tom Hamilton
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 10:14:50 PM »

Tom -

Glad you figured it out!  Stupid stuff like that by "professionals" is extremely frustrating!

On another note, what's the VIN on your coach?  PD4106-XXXX?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: