Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 02:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 MCIs for sale in LV  (Read 928 times)
lvmci

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »

Hi All, saw a MCI9 today for sale @ $8500, former NV State prison bus based in LV. Seats stripped out still has toilet, lights and speakers, jake brakes, 8V92 turbo & Allison 4 speed from the factory, no apparent rust, its a desert bus, cruise control I think, OTR Air works, needs all tires, smoked on startup pretty good, as I went into street looked like my 5A for.a couple.of.blocks smoke wise, he said it was a 4 stroke, I doubt it, didnt smoke.after that, power was great, got over 70mph, definetly a front wobble, between 60/65, I think for a home conversion at 650,000 miles, it could be had for $3500/$4000. Interestingly no toggle for tag axel lift. Then LV bus sales has a MC12, NV State prison bus looks exactly the same, now its probably a DD electronic, 4 stroke, havent seen it, but has seats and cages, they both have doors cut in the back. Interesting, both on craigslist, fun to drive a 8V92,  lvmci...

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 08:50:39 PM »

Hi All apparently the blue mc-12 has already sold, lvmci...

B_K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 07:04:58 AM »

Quote from: lvmci
"8V92 turbo & Allison 4 speed from the factory, no apparent rust, its a desert bus, cruise control I think, OTR Air works, needs all tires, smoked on startup pretty good, as I went into street looked like my 5A for.a couple.of.blocks smoke wise, he said it was a 4 stroke"
lvmci...

If it's an 8V92 it's not a 4 stroke!  Wink
Grin  BK  Grin
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »

Thanks B K, I did not think there was, he was trying hard to convince me it was, I have to concentrate more on my engine knowledge, boy, the acceleration and torque was great, lvmci..

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:33:18 AM »

Man I feel for the guy that bought the prison bus those were some nasty buses you never get the urine smell out of one when it turns hot the smell always comes back ugh

Life is short drink the good wine first
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 07:34:12 AM »

A lot of people are under the misconception that if it was a 2-stroke they'd have to mix oil in the fuel or at least have somewhere to add it for it to be injected.

When you say 2-stroke most people think weed eaters, old dirt bikes, old "Lawnboy" mowers, etc.

It's funny I never will forget Cody telling me he'd called the **Factory Authorized** Detroit Diesel Dealer
for his area and asked the service manager if he had any guys experienced with the 2 Stroke Detriots. The guys response was "No sir, we don't work on weed eaters here we are a big-truck engine repair shop"   Shocked

Grin  BK  Grin
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:35 AM »

Hi Guys, BK, that may have been his thinking with the way he was talking come to think of it, Clifford I ran across what you mentioned in my original coach search, (what is that smell?). There seems to be a group of first time conversion hunters lately, I know we wish them the best in their search. Here in LV, probably as a result of the depression, some looking to start out with a coach under $5000, my thinking is one of the major issues, rust, is not eliminated by getting a desert bus, but I think the chances of a bad rust issues in important areas is lower, of course buses down here can come from anywhere. I saw an Eagle who's electrical junction area under the driver, had a 1/4" of the L bracket frame left holding it in place, and that was in Mesa, AZ. All you folks looking for an empty bus keep up the good search! And happy holidays, lvmci...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: