Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:00:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need repairs in Indianapolis  (Read 6796 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »

Make to it Albuquerque I have a friend there I will contact and get you some help he owns a 4104 and has a lot of spare parts and plenty of tools shut down on the east side of town there is plenty of parking at Smith's Grocery the first off ramp in Albuquerque go south about 1 block off I 40 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:49:58 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure I can make it to Albuquerque. You can text me info. Did you get my phone # in a PM?  Thanks so much for all your help.

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »

Gordie,you have help Larry will be calling you 

good luck

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 06:47:33 AM »

Good Luck Gordie, we are all holding our breath for you and watching, We all hate this is happening to you, keep us updated when you can.  I am sure those recommended to help you will do so at the most minimal cost possible to help you out, this is always a bothersome burden to the mind of those in trouble. I can't tell you how helpful Cliff has just been to me as example.  Try not to worry, just take and help all you can, when told though stay out of the way but be there the entire time to assist, be patient and trust those helping. You will be back on the road again before you know it and made new friends for life.
Gary

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »

Gordie,
How are you doing man, worried about you guys, hope all is well, hate to know a busnut is in trouble on the road alone trying to get to help.  Clue us in when you can.
Gary

Gary
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »

The engine shut down 4 hrs from Albuquerque.  Thought it was a bad filter - no spare - lesson learned.  We had it towed to Hidden Valley Campground by Tavenner's Towing.  Mike did a great job.  Good Sam paid the first 100 miles.  Stupid over site - my "disabled" emergency shutdown enabled itself and I didn't catch it.  Engine is fine.  Clifford hooked me up with Larry in Albuquerque.  They are both awesome people!  We pulled the tranny, throwout bearing was toast, need a new clutch, fork, bearing, and plate.  Hoping to get parts overnighted.  With the holiday, it's hard to say for sure when they'll be here.  Meanwhile crawling under the bus I discovered the right rear inner seal is leaking.  Larry thinks we should fix that too.  I guess our 1500 mile shakedown cruise to North Carolina didn't prove to be enough.  We went to dinner last night with Larry and Judy and had a great time.  Great couple.  So, Larry has all we need to fix almost anything.  We hope to be back on the road by the weekend.  If not, we're cozy at the campground and decompressing.  There is so much about this bus I don't know - I wonder if I'm in over my head.  But Larry keeps reassuring me that I'll get it all - eventually.  I thought the learning curve was steep before this.  It just went vertical!  It's been a real stressful week and I caught myself wondering if I was too na´ve to think I could actually do a conversion.  But then we would have never met Mike the master tow truck driver; or Larry and Judy, and we have yet to make it to Clifford's who linked us up with Larry and is shepherding our journey.  We'll be stopping by to say thanks in person - hopefully soon.  I'll post as the saga continues.
Gordie

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
LuckyChow

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »

I'm sure this seems over whelming at the moment.  I know it would for me.  After the dust settles it won't seem as bad as it does now.  The good thing is you'll probably never have to worry about this repair again. 

Darryl
Smyrna GA
2000 Gillig Phantom
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:42 PM »

so sorry to hear all this is happening, it should never happen again though but that will not be any consultation right now I am sure.  This is the things I been working on alone for weeks now. How was your fly wheel?  Mine was cracked all over the lot, not just stress cracks but cracked!  Not knowing how to do all this stuff sucks, so glad you have someone there who is first hand at this work, has the tools and I know will do all to make it hurt as little as possible.  Good luck Gordie, take photos of progress and those that helped.  We are all watching.
Gary
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:51:18 PM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »

Hardship + Time = Humor
Waiting

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2013, 12:12:48 AM »

What don't kill you only makes you stronger - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2013, 05:47:33 AM »

That bunch of 4 Eagle owners in Albuquerque are all great people they all ways willing to help others and help each other daily,when Sean,Don and Bob broke down they were the first inline trying to help they really don't care about the make of bus just the people the drive the things 

I am proud to call the bunch my friends,tell Larry happy birthday and I am glad the weather is better for you guys now

good luck
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:00:17 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2013, 10:27:05 AM »

Gordie we all have had those thoughts you were talking about. Heck I still have them and wonder how we got into this and ask myself What I was thinking. I still haven't come up with an answer, LOL Grin

Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »

Went to town with Larry in his '28 Ford Cabriolet.  Then reworked an alternator bracket.  Having dinner at their place tonight - smoked beef brisket off the grill.  I'm wondering if this breakdown thing is really all that bad.  Biggest issue now is how do you say thanks for such treatment?

Dave5Cs - Thanks for the encouragement.  My wife is amazed at the number of crazy people like me that are out there!
Gordie
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:46:50 PM by Gordie Allen » Logged

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »

Gordie, he does a pretty damn good stuff burger too, while there at his place just take the turbo 6-71 from his 4104 he won't miss it for awhile lol enjoy the company they are good folks 

Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »

Tell her to call my wife she is crazy too!... Shocked Glad you guys are having a little new years fun.

Dave

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: