Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 04:49:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need repairs in Indianapolis  (Read 7114 times)
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »

May luck be on your side for rest of your trip. Look at all the great stories you have to tell on your Blog!... Its about the journey not so much the destination!...... Grin

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »

Since you've made it to Bakersfield you should shout out to "The Don" Fairchild.
He is a whiz when it comes to making old 2 strokes make power and run CA Clean!
His company is;\
Clean Cam Technology Systems   http://www.cctskit.com/
Grin  BK  Grin
expressbus

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 06:33:48 AM »

Small Tip here about Don's website. Don't log on while wearing a set of Bose Headphone Speakers. UNplug them first and let the sweet sound go straight to some desktop speakers. I had visited the site before but forgot it came up with an 8V running as background music. Ouch! Almost like what it sounds when your head is inside the engine bay of a running 8V - priceless!

Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »

Should have stopped by Gordie I would have bought you and Teri one of our burritos the valley is famous for,Larry loves them he can eat a whole one, the things weigh over a pound

Life is short drink the good wine first
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2014, 09:50:01 AM »

Clifford,
Thanks for the offer, we just wanted to get as far as we could yesterday.  You live in a pretty remote region dude.  Will give you a shout on the return trip.
Gordie

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »

Gordie, cross over the river from Needles we are not really that remote it is a big area with Laughlin and Bullhead we have about everything here to go with the 10 months of great weather we have plenty to do around here
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:12:19 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2014, 10:10:48 AM »

Clifford,...  You live in a pretty remote region dude. 

Clifford!   Wheh yew at?Huh   I swear, if I'm anywhere near you out west there (bus or 4-wheeler), I'll come see you even if I have to crawl the last 30 miles!   Thanks for helping so many people (including me).

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Flatspot

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »

Gordie,
Glad that you are putting on some miles towards your destination. I was thinking that you can put a message in the destination board that says "I know I can"
Talk Teri into a longer stay because I have to have one of those burritos that Clifford is talking about. I just drooled on my keyboard thinking about it.

We are heading out in the neighborhood on the 15th or 16th.
The Flxible rally we are attending starts on the 22nd at Joshua Tree National Park
Everyone is meeting at Q prior to that is my understanding.

Someday I'll tell you about the guy that was climbing the Grapevine and missed his shift because the clutch went out.
When he did get it into gear, the old detroit stalled and he got rolling backwards into oncoming traffic
No engine, no air
No spring brakes and the drive line brake just made smoke
Well the guardrail did stop the bus and everyone somehow missed him and the old bus stayed all wheels down
Highway patrol showed up and called a wrecker
What did the bus driver do?
Talked the wrecker driver into pulling him to the top of the hill and cutting him loose on the other side.

You have had some unscheduled maintenance with out all the excitement

Drive on brother and hope to see you soon.

Larry

Zuzax, New Mexico (Exit 178 I-40) 12mi East of Albuquerque

1956 PD4104 6-71T
1988 Eagle 15 CC Conversion
1983 Mack W Utility Bed Service Truck (road assistance in New Mexico)
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:30 PM »

Cllifford,

I will be on my way to California in the all this year and I will buy the burritos for all of us if you will point me in the right direction. I love a good burrito and some of the best have been in the Phoenix area. I am always game to try another.

DKO

Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
1995/96 Prevost XL Vantare
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2014, 09:47:47 AM »

We are settled in at Candlestick Park RV, about 15 min. from the kids.  Still trying to figure out the electrical issues, although I have rigged a system to give us the essentials.  I'm going to bypass the main in the main panel.  I've got breakers ahead and behind that one, so I think its safe to do temporarily.  I'd have to go outside to shut line side down.  Does anybody have an opinion on why my 15 amp breaker to the frig didn't trip? 

Definitely want to hook up for a burrito fest/feast.  We're staying here at least two weeks, although the rates are astronomical.  I bought a month as it was cheaper than the day rate for two weeks.  $1100.  Nothing in San Francisco area is cheap and the choices are meager.  Two places denied access cause the bus was older than 10 years.  This one almost did, but they're less than have full and think they could use the money.  We are right behind Candlestick Park Stadium.  Last game played a couple weeks ago.  They're going to demolish it with explosives.  May want to return to see that.  I may have some questions for the Technomads regarding the Victron as I dig deeper into the problem.  Just haven't spent much time troubleshooting that as yet, with the grandkids and all.

RJ - will contact you regarding the dash.

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »

Gordie you might check on Napa or Sonoma fair grounds . Might be a little cheaper and safer. Be careful around the stadium at night. State campgrounds on the coast on 101 just out north of SF. Fun stuff up the coast Russion old settlement museum, Inverness light house furthest out tip of California north also of 101.

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
LuckyChow

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »

Gordie, the most likely answer to your breaker question is it didn't trip because it wasn't pulling more than the 15 amps.  Remember, breakers are sized to protect the wiring, not what's running on it.

Darryl H.
Smyrna GA
2000 Gillig Phantom
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »

Dave, Yes  Candlestick is expensive, but it's only 20 min from our kids and the security seems pretty tight..  It's gated with security guard on duty all night.  Also, I'm stuck to a shoreline until I get this inverter figured out.
Lucky,
Apparently there was enough resistance there to melt the insulation on the cord, but it didn't get far enough to short it out.

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2014, 06:22:20 AM »

Gordie--Know nothing about hoe you have it wired--Fwiw  had a common fair once(wire came loose) resulted in voltage being rerouted in my system on remaining wire (should have been 120) step up to 220  and ground thru bus--- fried several  Airconditioners  and other pieces..  All came down to a loose common wire,, Long shot I know..  Had burned wires also..

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: