Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 01:27:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: propane generator  (Read 1590 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »

Jon and Clifford, i used Jon's running the genny for 16 hours a day as the basis for my figures. 24 hours a day changes it. Nice if you can afford it but many of us don't have that kind of money to spend.  Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »

Actually I try to put things in context. We started out dead broke and there were times when we had to choose between food and fuel oil for heat. It has taken us 52 years to begin changing habits such as folding up paper lunch bags and bringing them home to reuse or never going anywhere in the car unless we had many errands we could combine. The purchase of our first bus was pure insanity, and the two succeeding ones were equally stupid, but we at least got over the guilt.

Oshkosh was a business trip because I had a booth to try to attract volunteer pilots to sign up for Pilots N Paws that I founded with my partner Debi. So spending about $25 per day to be able to come out of a hot exhibit hall with temps in the 90 so I could return to a cool coach with all the comforts of home was a real treat and it almost made buying a coach seem like a reasonable decision.

We are very fortunate now to be able to do what we want with the coach and can certainly understand that for some it is very hard to justify what it costs.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »

Actually I try to put things in context. We started out dead broke ...

Yeah, it's good to get to happiness at a later time in life.  I didn't really get anywhere but I started with nothing and I was able to keep most of it!  Life is good!   

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »

Hi All, Im going thru trying to get my yamaha propane generator repaired, I ended up at a yamaha motorcycle dealer, thanks Dave M,  the only one in town, that would even look at it. None of the generator places would  even try. They think its the genny brain, theyre gonna call yamaha and consult, refreshing to here young professionals go about things methodically when they dont have muscle memory experience to call on. Lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »

Some times We get lucky guessing, having worked 10 years in a small engine shop, I got all the generators that came thru the door.  That became the step into Onan, from there has been a whole new life for me.  Grin
Figured the motor cycle shop would be a 1st step/guess.  Hope they can fibd the issue.

Presently on I-95 mid NC headed for the event at Arcadia.

Merry Christmas
Dave M
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:29:33 PM by wg4t50 » Logged

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »

90% of the time Tom if you have spark and it won't start the vent hose will be plugged or have a kink somewhere the vapor has to vent to start or with a dirty air cleaner they won't start

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 09:55:23 PM »

Thank You Clifford, I will tell them thursday morning, tami and I hope to come and see you guys in the next few weeks, if work can be arraigned, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: