Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy with questions  (Read 4405 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 10:02:45 PM »

stay in touch and be sure to ask us questions as they come up.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Al Bass

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:56 AM »

Nothing wrong with a skoolie. I'm totally happy with mine. Built tuff and won't drag bottom going in and out of parking lots and down logging roads to that favorite fishing hole. Very easy engine and tranny upgrade. Good luck.
kevinksu2005

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 08:52:38 AM »

Is there anyway to get some photos and ideas from your skoolie?
What kind of bus is it? Make, model, eninge, tranny, length, ...
Email to me if you wouldn't mind.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »

OK. Skoolie it is. Have you seen the skoolies that were used in the Outback commercials? There were two of them, a Ford and an IH. Way too cool! They have 4WD and off road tires and lift kits. Shocked All you'd need is an out of service 4WD boom truck like so many power companies use and strip out the front drive and transmission/transfer case. Probably want the drive axle too so that the ratios and wheel lug designs match. Then you could really get into the "choice" parking areas. This would be a really interesting project for someone with the ability to handle the transmissions and axles.
We go to cross country and motorcross races and this sort of contraption would be ideal...my young'n can do this one...done mine...more or less. Wink
Dream on! JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Larry

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 10:12:37 AM »

Is there a computer program available that will do bus floorplans and schematics?
I have "3D Home" but it is basically useless for anything but a house.

Hi JR - yeh I saw the commercials and those type of conversions are amazing! In my younger days I rode flat-track a lot. We have a private 1/8th mile "Mad Dog" track that all the kids, and a few adults, play on all winter. My racing days are over but it's a hoot watching the kids and teaching them how to keep their machines running and be competitive.

Larry

If our spirit lives forever I'm no more dead now than I'll ever be
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: