Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 12:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A loss for the Non-Rally at Palmetto Cove  (Read 1151 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »

For those who have attended the past Non-Rallys at Palmetto Cove, there will be a huge loss in the kitchen for the next ones. Sarah Brandt passed away Sunday morning with Fred, her husband of 55 years, by her side.
A retired teacher, the support & guidance she provided anytime she could will definitely be sorely missed.
 Mom was an active, long time member of the Airstream camping club. As much as she enjoyed the Airstreamers & their rallys, she looked forward to the busnut rallys with the most enthusiasm. She was always worried there wouldn't be enough food or the proper salad, etc. She just loved the way busnuts would line up for a chance to help. It made me so happy to have introduced her to so many that became good friends with her.

Arrangements can be found -

http://www.thewoodmortuary.com/obituaries/Sarah-Brandt/#!/Obituary

Thanks to all who have enriched her life.

Kyle

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »

Kyle -

Having just gone thru the same thing with my Mom, my heart goes out to you. . .

RJ

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:02:21 AM »

Kyle, my condolences, too.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:42:20 AM »

Kyle. Your mother was a wonderful woman and I was very pleased to get to know her during the many rallies and non rallies at Palmetto Cove. You and your Dad and family have my heartfelt sympathy. I know she was very proud of you. Keep your chin up. Your friends are thinking of you.
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 12 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »

Kyle, sorry for your loss. I also lost my parents in 2010, and share your sadness. I never met your Mom, but know how special a Mom is to a son. My condolences friend.
Boyce

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:35:01 AM »

Kyle, sorry to hear about your mom. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Don
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »

Let me add Catherine and me to the list.  We most enjoyed our time at the non rally a few years ago and still remember all the people fondly.  We also lost my father in November 2013, so we understand the loss, and we look at it as a transition to a new phase, one of remembrance and making new memories.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:15:51 AM »

Kyle I never had the chance to meet your mom. But I know she was a great woman to have raised such a good son.

My she rest in peace and god be with you and the rest of your family during this time of mourning!
Grin  BK  Grin
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »

Kyle:

So sorry for your loss, but with her work done here, we know she is back home, in a better place.

LUKE at US COACH
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »

Kyle,

Karen and I are so sorry for your loss. We always enjoyed Sarah and the way she tried to keep you organized!!  Smiley
You and your family were blessed to have her and please know that you are in our prayers. We will all miss her.

Tom & Karen

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »

Sorry to read this, Kyle. You and your family are in our thoughts.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »

Kyle,Fred and family

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. This a a very difficult time but God will lead you through.

Your mother will be greatly missed by all us busnuts. She always made every one feel welcome.

May God be with all the Brandt family.

Ned and Wilma Sanders

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
rgrauto

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »

Kyle,

We are very sorry for your loss.  Your Mom was great lady and she will be missed.  Our prayers are with you and your family.

Glen and Patsy Rice
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »

It always makes me sad to hear of loss of a loved one, I have had to post the same type of message myself on a forum that loved the person as much as I did, it was tough...we cried..we always brought up the "happiness to relieve the sadness and pain"....we laughed and smiled, toasted each other in pm's

We posted pictures of different events and we remembered... No "personal pictures" , just ones that made use laugh and joke...we still get together and talk like nothing happened

Because the friend, "Stevie" for us, was so much the brightness of our group that we...ugh...maybe we just wanted to remember he is still..... Being "Stevie"

It' been 6 years now and we are not afraid to say "remember when Steve.....?"

She sounds like the most awesome mom (we all call mom.....mom)

And she is smiling knowing how her "family" is remembering....and always will

Remember the sunshine is always the brightest, when you take a break, smile and just remember, why there is sunshine

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »

Kyle, we are so saddened to hear this news.  Our condolences to you, your father, and your whole family.  Your mom was a special lady.
Linda & Kirby
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: