Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 11:29:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: simulators, hub caps, nuts and clicking sounds from wheels  (Read 219 times)
lvmci

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2014, 08:31:58 AM »

Hi All, couldnt find the thread about clicking wheels, from a while back. Discovered my clicking was from simulators, called the manufacturer, Phoenix USA, ordered 4 left threads and 4 right threaded gigantic nuts that mount on the stud extender, that hold the simulators on. Turns out there is a gap from the wheel to the simulator of about 1/2 to 3/4" on the stud extender. As the wheel rotated it flexed and clicked, luckily it wasnt any of the more serious items it could have been. I first thought I would put a rubber and fiber washer sandwich below the big nuts, (that doesnt sound right!), but ended up ordering the nuts for a more firm hold. Also found out later simulators, hub caps for the bus, came with a foam squares to hold them temporarily while mounting, also helps with noises, mine did not have those, they remind me of the foam pices included with motorcycle helmets to make a custom fit. Lvmci...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:38:50 AM by lvmci » Logged

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: