Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 09:51:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arthur Griffith - September 19, 1940 - February 6, 2014  (Read 10558 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« on: February 09, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »

I was saddened today to learn of the passing of Arthur Griffith.  Many here know him and his wife Aura from various rallies.  And anyone that has seen the remarkable work they have done together on their Model 15 Eagle will certainly always remember that.  What I remember most about them is what a great team they were and how their love and respect for each other showed in everything they said and did.  An inspiration to what marriage should always be.  His obituary is available here:

http://www.townson-smithfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2408683&fh_id=11649
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:37 AM »

Arthur and Aura were long-time members of the Southeast Bus Nuts, and were always a pleasure to be around. He was a very pleasant man, seeming to always be smiling. Aside from his wife, the two things that made him proudest were his beautiful Eagle conversion and the lovely resort community they developed near Lake Santeetlah NC.
RIP old friend.
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 14 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:59 AM »

I met Arthur and Aura at the BCM rally in Chattanooga while salivating over the engine compartment of their bus. A work of art.

Nice folks.

Sad news, indeed.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »

We never knew these folks......may he rest in peace.

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:59:29 AM »

I'm better at screen names than a persons real name.. I was at choo-choo and think I remember which bus..  Hate to loose a fellow busnut! more confusing when I can't figure which one I will not see again..  As everyone feel a sense of loss and sorrow for the family..    Blue sky and smooth roads are his now.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:34:46 PM »

What was his screen name?
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: