Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 02:25:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck in Modesto  (Read 3362 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 08:17:00 AM »

LOL the GM's that come to my place for work never need a pressure test you can tell in a heart beat where the water is coming from  Roll Eyes

Life is short drink the good wine first
loveshack
62 pd 4106

1962 pd4106

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »

I remember your 4 part series in mag .i feel for you guys last June we seized our rear end in our 4106 on our anniversary! I hated seeing the bus being towed .. But we love the ole dog and she's part of the family ! So with some frantic searching we found a rear end and installed it .. Should we have bought a new one idk . But it saved us over half of rebuilding what we had ,and the same time frame.. We drove it all summer And fall I'm hoping We made the right decision . But I love the ole bus! Oh did I mention the fire omg  it got so hot ,all I could picture while putting it out was the bus burning to the ground lol so it does get better.i pray your back on the highways real soon !  PS..Oh and always carry big extinguisher ! Andremember why you love your bus.....

Bruce E.                                                                        62 pd4106 vs730.                   
Gonic N.H.
qayqayt

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:30 PM »

Whats an adventure without ups and downs, tears and laughter?  Were still in Modesto CA after two weeks.  On the plus side, Vancouver has had snow and unseasonably cold temperatures.  Were staying at a nice hotel, with a big screen TV to watch the Olympics.  We found a couple of outstanding dog parks so our pooch is having a great time and the weather has been great.  The Almond Festival is going on this weekend.  Plus Im heading down to Fremont to have a look at the Pacific Bus Museum collection tomorrow thanks to their fantastic hospitality.

The waiting and uncertainty has been painful.  I wish we had time to spend in this area without the stress of wondering what would happen with the bus.  I want to thank RJ Long for his assistance on our first day.  His suggestion to call Storer Coachways to find a good Detroit Diesel shop turned out to be really solid advice. 

Its taken a lot of time but the bad news continues to be bad news.  The bus needs an in-frame rebuild.  No getting around it even though weve looked at every possible alternative.  I want to thank everyone who had input on this post.  You helped us make the decisions we had to make.  You have no idea how close we came to scrapping the coach and walking away from it.

Were heading home early next week to set up financial arrangements, but the plan is to be back here to pick the bus up and continue our vacation.  Were going to continue on to Southern California for a few weeks then off to Yuma, Phoenix and then Las Vegas for early April.  Hope to hook up with a few BusNuts along the way.

Bryan and Rhonda
Vancouver BC

Bryan
Vancouver BC
GM PD-4108
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 04:57:23 AM »

Sad but it happens with the old buses I am not much on the in-frame just so many times one can do that to those old engines get everything in writing the bill has the nature to keep creeping up and up JMO

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »

Sorry to hear about your problems with the coach, always a worry with these machines. Glad to hear you are going ahead with the repairs. Hope to see you  and Rhonda down the road.

Gary
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »

Bryan, this is what you are missing. Here is a picture of two coaches outside, the 65 is warm inside the barn. We didn't have any snow until it started at 3am this morning, now we have a good foot or so. Should be gone tomorrow. Enjoy the sunshine...

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 06:25:54 AM »

Good old AMGeneral 10240B of about 1979 vintage. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
hargreaves
1987 MCI 102A3

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 07:42:06 AM »

Tom its actually a New Flyer out of Winnipeg, mid 80,s  Cheers Gerry.

now as of Feb 2012 series 50 B400  . Sunshine Coast British Columbia
pcarexpress

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 12:54:57 AM »

Bryan: when you come back to Modesto to pick up your bus, I live an hr away. Call me if you need any help. I'm willing to pick you up at an airport and take you to your bus. My name is Paul (209)535-7500. Very new to the bus scene, but I am willing to help you out any way I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »

New Flyer used the AMGeneral design-they were in together during the 70's and New Flyer used the design into the 80's. The bus was continued with the GMC classic and then the MCI classic up until 1992. I almost bought a Santa Monica Bus transit that is a MCI Classic that used the Series 50 with B400 transmission in T drive. The AMGeneral version used V drive, and the Canadian Flyer D800 and D900 used inline T drive. So it would have been easy to convert with just switching the engine cradle and changing the pumpkin on the rear axle. But decided to do the truck conversion project instead. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: