Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 04:31:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Sam Club?  (Read 1032 times)
Bryan

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »

Hey guys, we are going to be traveling a good bit, and being that I'm far from a mechanic, I want to find the best service similar to Triple A but for buses. For example if we needed to be towed, or have a tire changed? I'm not overly interested in RV Park Perks as I am the comfort of having roadside service. What are your opinions? Thanks!  Cheesy

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »

Coach Net

http://www.coach-net.com/Plans/motorized.aspx
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:23:30 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »

Thank you Dave!

I'm a traveling musician, so before using the bus, I want to be prepared in all areas. Another thing I need to be prepared for us to have a rental car with a hitch delivered to me QUICKLY (as I will be on my way to a gig). I would need to be able to pull my equipment trailer with the rented vehicle and of course I would be on a timeframe too. Do you or anyone else have suggestions for this situation? Thanks!  Grin

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »

Thank you Dave!

I'm a traveling musician, so before using the bus, I want to be prepared in all areas. Another thing I need to be prepared for us to have a rental car with a hitch delivered to me QUICKLY (as I will be on my way to a gig). I would need to be able to pull my equipment trailer with the rented vehicle and of course I would be on a timeframe too. Do you or anyone else have suggestions for this situation? Thanks!  Grin

Your best luck for a rental with hitch would probably be a van, pickup, or moving truck from Budget, Penske, etc.  I've found that the policy with car rental agencies that rent a SUV or truck with a hitch is they will lock the hitch to make it unusable, or the agreement says no towing.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

thanks! do you know if they will deliver to you on the side of the road? or does the towing service normally take you to the rental place?

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
gus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

I've been real happy with Good Sam the few times I've had to use them. Good part is they cover all your vehicles and drivers for the one price.

Best place for info on features is their web site, if you give your name and address you will get a flood of stuff in the mail!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
06 Bill

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23:03 AM »

I also like Good Sam. Been towed a couple of times along with a flat or two. Absolutely no problems,and generally they will tow you to the nearest place that can do the work. I have heard of others that tow
to the nearest garage whether they can do it or not. You pay from there to a capable shop. Some of
the others use the same tow cos. any way just under different policy and procedures. 06 Bill
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 04:14:30 AM »

Coach Net......no junk mail from them.  Good Sam will send you stuff for years.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 04:19:04 AM »

Bryan,
   I can only speak for Coachnet. The one time we needed them all went well. They of course will want to tow to the nearest facility that can provide help. In our case I explained the need for a shop that specialized in 2 stroke diesels & a towing company that normally tows for that shop because of the issues they encounter towing a bus. Instead of a 5 mile tow to the nearest shop they stepped up for a 37 mile tow across Atlanta. As for helping you get a rental it is available at the Premier Coach level. It has surprised me in the past to see members of this forum who have been around for at least a few years don't have this coverage & get themselves in a pinch that cost bunches to get towed & or roadside assistance. Heck if you needed a tire changed that alone would cost about what this coverage costs no matter which company you use, Coachnet, Sams, etc. So I can take you to the water but I can't make you drink. In your case I can see you are conscience of the real need here.

Coach-Net Motorized Plans

If you own an RV, you owe it to yourself to have the protection you need when you need it most. No matter what coverage you are looking for, you can rest easy knowing that Coach-Net has you and your family covered.

With three plans to choose from, you have the flexibility to decide just how much coverage you need.

Only need the bare necessities? Choose our Coach-Net Limited plan. It covers you for 1 tow (up to 75 miles) and 1 other event (tire assistance, battery boost, lockout, emergency fuel/fluid delivery, or winching up to $75) per year.

Need more coverage? Choose our Coach-Net Basic plan. It has no limits on towing, tire assistance, battery boost, lockout, emergency fuel/fluid delivery, and winching.

Want the best possible coverage for you and your RV? Choose our Coach-Net Premier Coach plan. It has all the benefits of the Coach-Net Basic plan PLUS valuable benefits such as Concierge Services, Assist America, RV Insurance, Camping Discounts, and much more.
 Limited  $69.00  Basic $89.00  Premier Coach $159.00

Good Luck  

Oh & by the way I never get junk mail from Coachnet. How Sam's can afford all that junk mail they send us is beyond me...

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:21:48 AM by john9861 » Logged

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 6V92TA Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »

We have coach-net and the one time we needed them they delivered (flat tire).  Its all I can speak of as that's all we have used.  I am pretty sure they don't have rental car re-imbursement or anything like that.  Maybe your insurance company can add something like that to your insurance coverage.

-Sean

Fulltiming somewhere in the USA
1984 Eagle 10S
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 01:31:47 PM »

Thank you guys for the help! I really appreciate it! I was thinking of going with Coach-Net, and from your testimonies I think that decision is confirmed! Thanks again!  Cheesy

Bryan Edmonds
PD4107-756
Toccoa, GA
gus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »

The one time I was towed was to a truck repair shop I requested since they did diesel/heavy truck stuff. GS knows not to send one-ton tow trucks and not to tow to a small vehicle shop, one of the main reasons I went to them.

I especially like the "all vehicles" coverage, I've actually used it more for them than the 4107!

I fail to see how any service could be better.

The junk mail is a pain but I can deal with it.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »

If you have a trailer make sure you pay the extra to have the trailer covered by Coach-Net.  I didn't realize for an extra $10 I could cover my enclosed trailer.  It cost me $300 to have the trailer towed when it had axle issues because it wasn't covered by Coach-Net.  It is covered now.  If you have trailer coverage they should tow the trailer wherever the bus gets towed.

I don't know if any rental company that rents vehicles with a hitch will deliver them roadside.  Enterprise delivers, but I don't know about on the side of a highway. 

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »

I have Good Sam emergency tow, and had to use it. The tow company was very pleased to see we had Good Sam Club-they said they have never been short changed. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »

as per friends of mine in the towing business they get screwed the most by AAA.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: