Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 09:55:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint program  (Read 806 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »

Is there any type of program that can be downloaded where you can paste a picture of your bus than play around with changing colors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »

Is there any type of program that can be downloaded where you can paste a picture of your bus than play around with changing colors?

Ace,

That would be a very cool tool, but I have not found a program like you mention.

I ended up taking a picture of the coach and downloading it to my design program and use that to change up my colors during the design process.....hope that helps some. It's a bit more work but what can ya do Wink

Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:21:19 PM »

Mike what design program did you use?

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:05:04 PM »

Ace -

PhotoShop by Adobe will allow you to do that.  Steep learning curve to get to that point, tho. . .

Ben & Karen are both PS wizards, when they get back from their current trip you might ask them for some assistance.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »

A pretty good open source (free) drawing program is Inkscape.  It is a vector based drawing program which allows you to draw straight or curved  lines and color fill.  Here's an example (this is Corel Draw, but is works the same).  Google your bus, click on images, and find a good profile picture of your bus.  Right click on that picture, then click on "copy image", then paste into inkscape, and draw over it.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:17:55 PM by Gordie Allen » Logged

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »

Mike what design program did you use?

Most of my work I do in Coral Draw or Flexi sign, I also use photoshop too Wink

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 02:23:12 PM »

A pretty good open source (free) drawing program is Inkscape.  It is a vector based drawing program which allows you to draw straight or curved  lines and color fill.  Here's an example (this is Corel Draw, but is works the same).  Google your bus, click on images, and find a good profile picture of your bus.  Right click on that picture, then click on "copy image", then paste into inkscape, and draw over it.

Thanks Gordie! I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »

Ace,
I like Photo PosPro which is a free alternative to Photoshop. What I can't do with that one I can do with Gimp, also a free program. Learning curve on Gimp is less than Photo PosPro, but they're both good alternatives to paying the big bucks for Photo Shop. Or you can go to CNET Downloads and look for something more specific to your one-time need.
HTH Will  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: