Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 03:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mci-7 bus- - - - air need help!  (Read 1870 times)
straycatboat

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2006, 06:04:47 AM »

I am having the same problem with my MCI_7 the rheostat does nothing and the
a/c system is on wide open or not if I shut it down.  Also I not positive if
the heater valve is working on this system .  Seems like it's  the heating
valve is open while the switches are calling for A/C . Does anyone know how
the rheostat and thermostats work with the A/C & heating system.
Rick
 Huh
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »

I don't know how your coach is set up, but ours is designed so that once you start the air conditioning, it just runs full blast. Then, when the coach has cooled off enough, it turns on some heat, enough to warm the air to room temperature. As far as I can see, it does not modulate the air conditioning in any other way. We do have high and low blower, though.

For what it's worth.

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 12:56:36 PM »

I've had a few MC-9s and you have to shut the hot water gate valves to stop heating. The A/c will not overpower the hot water from the engine. There is a valve up high on the front bumper side of the engine and another in the engine access compartment on the curb side.
straycatboat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 04:40:46 PM »

Is there a thermostat some where that controls the set temp.
Rickl
belfert

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 05:44:07 PM »

Would a 1995 Dina still need to have the coach heat turned on and off for the seasons?

I froze on my way home as the coach heat didn't seem to work even though I turned it on from the electronic control pad for the HVAC system.  The driver's heat worked somewhat, but it didn't help much with the rest of the coach cold.  The defrost helped heat the driver's area until it quit.

Brian Elfert
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »

I've heard a Dina referred to as a Mexican built MCI so it may be similar. However, with the MC9, the hot water valves must be on for the driver heat to work as well. Unless there are two seperate sets of pipes pumping water from your engine, I'd say that isn't the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: