Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 06:34:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil level of a series 60  (Read 342 times)
rusty

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »

I am changing the oil pan to a shallow pan on my series 60. I have looked back in the old threads and it looks like 1 inch below the bottom of the block is the level of the oil. My engine is sloped to the rear at about 2%. The dip stick is near the front. Will that make a difference? Would it be better to but a a gallon amount in and call that the level? How many gallons of oil is in the pan of that engine. It is a 14 liter.

Thank You Wayne
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:15:48 AM »

Isn't 10 gals the minimum for the 14L with the filter for cooling ?

Life is short drink the good wine first
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »

Wayne, mine took almost 11 gallons with the shallow pan and new filters. I used the tube and dipstick numbers that Jim Sheppard provided on his website.

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:38:08 AM »

Thanks I think I will use the 11 gallon with the filters. I have a dip stick that I am going to make work. Also I think I will put about 10 and 1/2 gallons of water in the pan before I install it to see where the full line is.

Thank You Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: