Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2015, 02:20:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil level of a series 60  (Read 378 times)
rusty

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »

I am changing the oil pan to a shallow pan on my series 60. I have looked back in the old threads and it looks like 1 inch below the bottom of the block is the level of the oil. My engine is sloped to the rear at about 2%. The dip stick is near the front. Will that make a difference? Would it be better to but a a gallon amount in and call that the level? How many gallons of oil is in the pan of that engine. It is a 14 liter.

Thank You Wayne
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:15:48 AM »

Isn't 10 gals the minimum for the 14L with the filter for cooling ?

Life is short drink the good wine first
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »

Wayne, mine took almost 11 gallons with the shallow pan and new filters. I used the tube and dipstick numbers that Jim Sheppard provided on his website.

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:38:08 AM »

Thanks I think I will use the 11 gallon with the filters. I have a dip stick that I am going to make work. Also I think I will put about 10 and 1/2 gallons of water in the pan before I install it to see where the full line is.

Thank You Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: