Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 12:38:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bus floor plans  (Read 844 times)
irac511

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »

does anyone know of a program that's free to do a floor plan for a bus
I tried to post photos ofr this bus but cant figure out how to do it the form says to large
can anyone help me out on this too
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »

Sketchup is a product many have used to draw floor plans for their bus.  I think if you search here you can even find some who have supplied their Sketchup floor plans.  The Sketchup free version may be too crippled now to really do the job.  It appears they have removed a lot of features from the free version.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:57:51 AM »

The big determining factor is the structure and location of the storage bays.

I have a transit bus and even though it doesn't have baggage bays, I was able to hang and mount tanks, batteries, generator because it has a 22" skirt below the floor. One thing that determined my floor plan was I wanted an outside accessible bathroom. Hence I built the bathroom around the rear door-which put the bathroom on the right side of the bus. The black tank (45gal) is mounted fore and aft in the center with about a 4 ft pipe leading to the tank. My system is proof that you don't need to have the toilet directly above the tank. Granted you use a bit more water-but 45gal has been sufficient for at least 2 weeks of use. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
irac511

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 08:23:40 AM »

thank yoy both for your in site and info.
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 11:13:47 AM »

I used sketchup.  It was free and wasn't too hard to learn.  I do have some Autocad experience.  My layout in Sketchbook wasn't exact (within an inch or so of actual) but allowed me to play with the space and try drawing out different ideas.  Bays were a lot harder to draw out and get right.  Alot of the bay stuff changed as I went along. 

-Sean

Fulltiming somewhere in the USA
1984 Eagle 10S
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

Sean I saw a Eagle S-10 headed east on I-10 in Tuscon last week was that you ?

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »

Sean I saw a Eagle S-10 headed east on I-10 in Tuscon last week was that you ?
Good Chance it was.... Red, Silver and Black....  We were in Tuscon around the 8th, 9th, 10th and headed up to Sedona on the 11th.  In Las Vegas now until the 18th.  Going to drop in on the guys at B&B today.  Hopefully they are all there Smiley

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

I guess it wasn't you this one was gray sorta the color of Don Smiths towing a trailer probably a Mexican entertainer bus, pm me your number I only received 1/2 of it on the machine

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: