Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 09:08:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stove hood  (Read 2113 times)
Flight102C3

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »

Point well taken !!!  I might need to rethink this. I can still vent through wall. Thanks
Taibob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »

To vent or not to vent seems to be the question.

No vent: Fan takes all the smoke and grease you wanted to get rid of, and blows in back in your face and eyes. A real tear jerker affair, and stinks up your coach for a few days. Bacon is not too bad, but sausage or fish..yuckk

Vented: Gets rid of the crap and sends it straight out.

I installed a Cyclone Brand [24 in. 360 cfm hood fan,]. Unit has no grease grabbing screens. Uses centrifical action fan and drip catcher tray. Much easier to clean. It vents straight out the side wall behind the fan unit. I do not hear it flapping when in motion.
My setup works for me, and I'm still happy with it.

Bob

84  mci 9   8v71n N70 Jakes 740 auto   Oliver, BC
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »

We have a rule of thumb-any stinky or greasy cooking foods is done outside. I have both a propane and electric hot plate. Cooking bacon outdoors in the cool morning is just prime. Stinky fish is BBQ'd outdoors also. My stove fan just blows out into the isle then is sucked up into the Fantastic Fan vent in the roof right above the stove. I clean the fan maybe every other year. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »

We open the window behind the stove and turn on the small 7 inch fan pointed out that sits on the counter top behind the stove and out the grease and smells go. Coach smells fine and not greasy!... Turn the fantastic on above and out goes the heat if any or steam from the oysters etc. Grin

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 08:48:17 PM »

This is amazing!  Do you guys really eat food that stinks?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »

Cooking fish can be stinky. Any greasy meat-like bacon, sausage, beef will splatter and will smell up the bus. Good Luck, TomC

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:48 AM »

Bacon makes a terrible mess from the grease and, yes, it smells too.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

Who doesn't like bacon  Huh You just hang a bunch of these around in the coach and your good to go......

Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »

Ah but not if you cook Turkey Bacon. It taste just like Bacon without all the fat and grease. Always liked the smell of cooking Bacon anyway. Grin

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 09:59:41 PM »

Cook a pan full of bacon and brew a pot of cowboy coffee outside-now that's a way to start the day.

Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »

If you cook food that smells good you won't have a problem.  My wifes meals smell delicious and leave me digging for leftovers in the morning.

I think venting or not if you are cooking a full meal in the coach its gonna linger for a little.

And I love the smell of bacon.  I have no problem coming into the coach at the end of the day and smelling bacon.  It not only makes everything taste better but makes everything smell better too!

One last thing to think about...if we do cook fried in oil meals...we have portable induction cooktops that we use and we will go outside when we can and fry out there.

Grin

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »

If you cook food that smells good you won't have a problem.  My wifes meals smell delicious and leave me digging for leftovers in the morning.

I think venting or not if you are cooking a full meal in the coach its gonna linger for a
And I love the smell of bacon.  I have no problem coming into the coach at the end of the day and smelling bacon.  It not only makes everything taste little.
better but makes everything smell better too!

One last thing to think about...if we do cook fried in oil meals...we have portable induction cooktops that we use and we will go outside when we can and fry out there.

Grin

-Sean

Sean, if you cook in the bus, you'll have little droplets (OK, I'm not sure how you could have big droplets, but anyway) of water, oil, grease, etc. in "aerosol" in the air.  This stuff will settle on *everything* in a bus and give it a few hours and after that it will get smelling REALLY bad quickly and the bad smell will last for a long time.  An exhaust fan will blow this stuff out and reduce this stuff inside significantly; not a perfect fix but it helps a lot.  No matter what, if you cook in the bus, you'll have to do a grease-removal cleaning on hard surfaces and fabrics but an exhaust fan will reduce the smells and make it a lot long between "big-cleans".

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 11:54:29 AM »

If you are having any problem with odor build up, you could use an ozone generator to get rid of it.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »

Very effective for cleaning surfaces is just using good old Windex. Most all finishes are polyurethane-which is plastic. My ceiling is painted white, so all interior (except for a bit of industrial wall carpeting) surfaces wipe down easily. Doing the entire inside only takes a couple of hours. Then I'm set for the next big adventure. Good Luck, TomC

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: