Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:56:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Paint  (Read 2237 times)
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »

Anyone who has a paint booth large enough is not going to do it cheap. The paint can easily cost a couple of thousand, and there's lots of labor.
Nineforever
Nineforever

100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 08:01:12 AM »

I ended up painting myself , bought premixed automotive paint ( White ) and primer threw Napa , bought spray gun and pressure regulator and water filter , wire disks for electric drill from Canadian Tire  for stripping old paint off ( hired some students after school ) also some sanding papper and sanding bar .
Hugn plastic on the walls in my garage .... used ventiator mask and sprayed myself ..... need to bleed water seperator several times . Paint turned out great there was a couple of runs , cause i didnt bleed of water when i needed to . After finishing primer coat  i cranked up the heat in the garage left over night then gave it a light sanding before i put paint .
Saved thousands and thousands i think my total  cost was about 1200.00
There is a couple of spots all redo mask off and repaint this summer , but no big deal .

Hyway 3 100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »

So wheres the pictures we like pictures?!...... Shocked Cool

Nineforever
Nineforever

100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »

I would but cant figure out how to attach photos  , i could send to other members email maybe they could post for me

Hyway 3 100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:44 PM »

If you look in the Board Help section, there are a lot of ideas about posting photos. Here is one that I have.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=13997.0

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Bob & Tracey

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »

I almost hate to ask... Has anybody tried latex? I know it is being used on boats and airplanes.

Bob & Tracey Rice    Cedar Grove, Wi. (40mi. Milwaukee)

1956 GMC PD4104
digesterman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »

Personally I would never use a water based paint but here is an interesting article some might find informative.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=maintenance&subject=paint&story=Paint101&referer=advice

Lee
Le Mirage XL 45E
Detroit Series 60
470HP
97,250 original miles (10-2014)
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »

Years ago, (here we go again) Douglas Aircraft Corporation had a surplus sales yard geared to the aircraft assembly industry.  Long Beach CA on the North side of the airport.  One could buy surplus very very expensive airplane paint very very cheap.  We did and hand sprayed painted a very nice, (at the time) 1963 Ford One Ton flatbed duelly.

High school auto shop 2 painting project.

Are there any industrial surplus outlets in the Atlanta area?  Big area, might be.  Maybe you can find enough surplus high end paint to do your bus.  Excellent answers already given.  You would not believe the regulations now required to have that legal large bus or truck size paint booth.  The permits are extremely expensive.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Also....have you considered turning an expense into a fun project and try to hand brush paint your Bus Conversion?  Certainly makes things less expensive.....and perhaps more fun also. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: