Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 03:11:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: marker light wiring route on a 4104  (Read 885 times)
4104bigred

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:06:32 AM »

good morning busnutz

we are rewiring our 04 and would like to know how others have routed the wires to the markers in the roof?

any ideas

thanks

chris in northern michigan
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:27:51 AM »

Chris -

Not sure about the rear, but in the front of my 4106, the wiring to the corner clearance lights and center marker lights runs up the post between the windshield and side driver's window.

Since the '06 is basically an updated '04, I suspect yours is similar.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »

More information would be a great help.

Is your coach OEM, converted with new panelling, stripped and ready to insulate, etc.

I just finished puttiing in  wireways for my marker lights, but my coach is stripped, with 1" of insulation installed, now I'm doing the wireing before putting in the next inch of insulation.  The 2" of insulation hides the 1/2"  pvc pipe I put in the ceiling/wall corner in the top of the coach.

The pipe on the curb side will hold the marker light wires, and the one on the drivers side will hold the co-ax and the control wire for the pan/ tilt camera plus one wire for the marker light on the that side.

If the inside is paneled, OEM, or from Lowes, the I'd suggest some jacketed cable under the panelling, possibly hidden under some quarter roundmolding.  I've never torn into a GMC, so I don't know what would be best.

If you cover up the connections, and don't use a ground/negative wire  make sure it's a good ground.   I drilled and tapped the birdcage frame and used stainless screws with stranded wire and ring tongue lugs for the ground/negative.
 This still could present a problem if moisture causes corrosion at the attachment point.  The best way is to use 2 wires. I'm leaving access points which will be hidden inside cabinets.

HTH, Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »

Just make sure you have a solid ground before burying anything!

If the ground is not good you will have problems down the road. That is why some of the older coaches have marker light problems.

I ran all my 12v inside the coach covered for protection.

Paul

Dreamscape
4104bigred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 12:42:26 PM »

Thanks for the great ideas guys,I was able to get to the spaces to install new wires easily as the coach is a shell at this point

chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: