Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:32:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC5a Transmission Removal  (Read 208 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:05:33 AM »

I wanted to pass on this information for MC5 owners.  As discussed many times, the way to get the transmission out was to remove the engine cradle.  However, there is another option.  After my Allison 647 was installed, I found that the cross member under the transmission made it impossible to remove the pan, so we had the member cut and modified to be bolted in.  We now have the bus at United Transmission in San Bernardino, and as I had hoped, they were able to unbolt the cross member and drop the transmission.

This may be an option for those that need to do clutch work on their manuals also.  Of course, there are advantages to taking the whole cradle out like being able to change or renew engine peripherals like hoses, pumps, or compressor, injectors, etc. while comfortably on the ground, but this is great for doing transmission-only stuff. 

I am now waiting for them to analyze my 647 and, hopefully, it is only the front seal that needs changing.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: